Need Info on DSLR cameras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Info on DSLR cameras

I am in the market to purchase a DSLR camera and would like input on the good/bad ones on the market...I am looking for a mid range camera. I am not a professional photo guy, so something in the middle of the road would be a good choice.....I have looked at the Nokon D-60, so something similair would be good...what's the pro's say?

Thanks in advance.....

I'm an Olympus user. This is a good kit if you decide to go that route. In body Image Stabilization, best sensor cleaning in the business, Great Zuiko glass plus other good stuff.

On Amazon

Comment

1. You have to find your campfire.... Nikon, Canon, like Bill said, Olympus...
      All brands are good, you just have to find the one that you are comfortable with. I shoot a Nikon because I love the Nikon glass and that is what my friends shoot...

2. Set a spending limit early, and stick with it. (Then let us know and we can help you find a good one)

3. Invest in good glass and a decent camera body.

4. Get good processing software on your computer, like Lightroom 2.

5. Just keep reading and asking questions, it is a never ending battle to get better.

Comment

I second the budget. Once you settle on a brand, that really determines what model you get. If you want to go Nikon I love my D40 for the price. Gives you more $ to spend on glass. I'm happy with the results of it and the kit lens though, if that is all you can afford right now. D40 with 18-55 kit lens:

Comment

After you set your budget, the next best thing to do is to decide what lens(es) you want. Do you want an array from super wide angle to telephoto, or will one lens do everything you want to do? Do you want image stabilization? How 'bout low light capabilities (f/2.8, f/1.4, etc....) or will f/4 suit your needs?

After you figure out how much it's going to cost for the len(es) and maybe a good filter or two, add in software (Lightroom is awesome), memory card(s), tripod, camera bag and/or case, etc.... How much do you have left for a camera body now? That'll go a long way towards helping you decide which one to get.

You can always start with one lens only and leave out filters and tripod for now. You can add more stuff here and there as you go (you'll be doing that anyway, more than likely).

All the top brands are good cameras. Just shop lenses first.

Comment

Working...
          X