Balcones 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Balcones 2019

The last Balcones thread has just about ran out of juice. Figured I would fire up a newer one so everyone who pulled a draw could talk and possibly meet some new people during the hunt. I pulled the Dec 6-8 if anyone else will be there around then.

I’m out there 12/13-12/15

Comment

Well I should at least be able to tell you what was harvested while I am there if nothing else. After reading everything, a lot of people seem to see nothing, so hopefully it is a good year and the weather cooperates.

Comment

We were there last year. Bring good glass is my suggestion. The only time we saw deer is when we moved high and glassed. It's junipers and live oaks.

Comment

I am there 6-8 as well. Can we scout prior to the 5th or do they only allow one day?

Comment

It says one day, but I am assuming the park is open for hiking or whatever. Hopefully this week we will get our compartment this week.

Comment

And for those dates, I am tracking three people who have said they will be there. You, one other individual via private message, and myself.

Comment

They usually allow the day before each hunt for scouting. You don't have to wait for your specific day. We scouted the day before the youth hunt even though we were out there a couple weeks later.

Comment

Hey gents, I got unit 7 spot H for the 6-8 Dec hunt. Looks like the biggest tract and they assign 10 hunters to that tract. Hoping for safety and success for all! Look forward to seeing y'all there!

Comment

I am getting a little jealous. You are the second one to get their spot, and I am over here just hitting refresh on my email.

Comment

Unit 9 for me

Comment

Dec 6-8. Unit 3F. Bro in law has Unit 3D. Any help with these two areas would be great. Looking forward to it!

Comment

Dang, two of us hunting 3D on the Dec 6-8 hunt? Cut N Paste from the assignment PDF below.

Congratulations! You have been selected by computer drawing to participate in the Big Game Hunt at
                          Balcones Canyonlands National Wildlife Refuge. Your Hunt Area and Hunt Dates are:
                          Area #: 3D
                          Hunt Dates: December 6 - 8
                          Permitted hunters may scout designated hunt areas during daylight hours on November 9 - 14, November
                          21, December 5, and December 12. On scouting days, hunters do not check in and out at Refuge
                          Headquarters.
                          Last edited by ABWGTX; 10-14-2019, 05:30 AM.

Comment

I’m so sorry. I meant 3E & 3F . My apologies.

Comment

Well I don't know what to think. I never received an email with an assigned unit. Guess I will call up there and see if the guy is still trying and o get out all the emails.

Comment

Working...
                              X