No announcement yet.

Drawn for Richland Creek WMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we always had good luck on the North unit, down by the river, along the pipeline. Hogs had it tore up but lots of deer, some nice ones too.
    I can see how it would flood really easy.

Comment

Does anyone have any input for this area with regards to chiggers and mosquitoes? Are they usually a problem at this area, this time of year?
      ESPECIALLY chiggers. I HATE those little vampires.

Comment

My observation is by late summer/early fall chiggers have about run their course. I did an October bow hunt at RC and had no issue with chiggers.
        Mosquitoes are another matter.

Comment

Bring a thermacell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

We just picked up this hunt on 2nd draw as well. North Unit.

Heading up tomorrow after work. Going to scout all day Saturday.

Comment

Tagged!! I was drawn also!!

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
                We just picked up this hunt on 2nd draw as well. North Unit.

Heading up tomorrow after work. Going to scout all day Saturday.
                What hunt is being held at the north unit?
                I wasn't aware of any hunts on the north unit this year

Comment

Originally posted by moondog View Post
                  What hunt is being held at the north unit?
                  I wasn't aware of any hunts on the north unit this year
                  Nevermind! I found it. The E-Postcard hunts

Comment

We sure have a lot of us pickup up 2nd draw hunts. I've already accepted mine just in case it is a snafu.

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
                      We sure have a lot of us pickup up 2nd draw hunts. I've already accepted mine just in case it is a snafu.
                      I noticed that myself this year. Seems to be a lot more than usual,,,,hmmm!

Comment

Lots of deer hunting at RCWMA this year. I wonder why the epostcard Hunt is 2 weeks and the draw hunt for the south unit is 4 days?

Comment

E Postcard for North is 3 weekends and 2 weeks in between. Probably b/c it's a harder hunt. Take more effort and time to zero in on patterns.

I'm headed up tonight. Gonna **** off some waterfowl guys driving around tomorrow deer scouting.

Comment

Spent last night and all day today scouting and dodging buckshot from waterfowl guys. Most of the gates were closed and will remain closed until waterfowl closes on the 29th. If you want to scout big woods, it's a long walk.

If it rains before our hunt, rubber boots will be a must. Maybe even a kayak and/or waders to access areas without having to bust through woods.

Counted 23 does, 2 hogs, bunch of rubs and 3 scrapes.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Bradical BH View Post
                              Lots of deer hunting at RCWMA this year. I wonder why the epostcard Hunt is 2 weeks and the draw hunt for the south unit is 4 days?
                              Probably because locals complaining about the restricted access to deer hunt this place compared to 2 decades ago when it was type 2 land. Its still too restricted for the size of the place but this year the opportunity is better than it has been in a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                                Probably because locals complaining about the restricted access to deer hunt this place compared to 2 decades ago....
                                I would say this is spot on.
                                Friday night I asked a waterfowl guy how the check-in process worked. After his explanation he asked if I was going to hunt on Saturday. I explained our group had been selected for the archery hunt and he proceeded to complain about how none of the locals were drawn and how only Tarrant County employees ever get drawn.

These guys were driving around packed in trucks like sardines with a bed full of billy bobs standing with binoculars and guys sitting on top of the cab while driving roads looking for birds. Parked on the sides of the road, middle of road with doors open to keep cars from driving by. Saturday 3 or 4 groups in each compartment square shooting over each other, shooting over road, cars, it was a show for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X