Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MBG a sent dovetail opinions. 4in, 6in, or standard

Which and why

I just sold the 6" dovetail MBG Ascent Ambush I had. I would go with the standard base....at the end of the day, I liked the sight as close to the bow as I could get it and I couldn't mount my Tight Spot snug because the dovetail got in the way. Some people like the sight out far away from the bow, I guess I just found out that I wasn't one of those people. It also creates a different balance on the bow too, so keep that in mind.

Comment

Do you have any pics

Comment

MBG a sent dovetail opinions. 4in, 6in, or standard

This was after I brought it back closer to the bow. I just think it's wasted real estate. You can see my Tight Spot bracket screwed onto the sight in the first pic, see how the dovetail bar extends way past where that bracket is? It keeps me from getting the quiver as close to my bow as possible, defeating the purpose of my quiver.

Below is when I first got it and I was experimenting with location.

Comment

I have a elite answer and the tightspots are hard to mount with a dove tail , so thats my dalima

Comment

The farther away the longer the sight radius, just like a gun. Having said that. You want to extend the bar until your sight ring matched the ring of the peep sight while looking through it. This will help you anchor the same way every time.

Comment

Working...
            X