No announcement yet.

Field Archery at Cowtown?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ask Marty about the numbers they get. Or look at the TFAA web site for the State Championship numbers. Unless you are hosting a BIG event like that, I would think the overall usage numbers would be very low since the majority shoot 3D.

About how much is the initial expense for target bales for a 14 target range?? That should be the deciding factor that makes the decision for you.

Comment

2011 Season ยท State Outdoor Results
      63rd TFAA Outdoor Championship
      25/26 June, 2011
      Huaco Bowmen
      District 6
      4401 Parklake Drive
      Waco, Texas

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

55 Entries

looks like around 20 per shoot avg.

I like to practice on it though. Just not a big fan of TFAA( but that's just me)_ Some of us never shot better than we did when we had that range.

Comment

Todd, 2011 was a bad year for nearly everyone... between the economy and the heat folks just didn't travel as much.. I know the ASA had great turn outs.. but in the not too distant past the State TFAA shot drew over 100 people every year.. and the Memorial Day shoot at Waco, had about the same..

Comment

It might just be the spark field archery needs to get going again. it is fun to shoot, but very costly because of the shorter shots. if it looks like it could be financially rewarding or even break even, then IMO it would be worth the effort. If it looks like it is going to cost too much to set up and buy the target bales then maybe holding off would be best.

money is tough to come by these days, and any discipline that does not offer a pay back is suffering. That is why ASA has such big numbers. The heat is the same, the distance is the same, the only difference is the chance to win back some $$$. If field can turn more like that it would have better numbers.

Comment

i will be there for your field tourney.
            Attached Files

Comment

I don't look at it so much as the $$$ made through shoot fees as much as $$$ made through new members. I believe that a field range is exactly what Cowtown needs to help take that next step. We have always been an archery club not just a 3D club. In the past at our old range the feild range was always busy with members taking an evening walk with there bows. We had weekly leagues where we came together after work. We didn't get rich off of the leagues but we paid for the target faces from the earnings. Not to mention when I was shooting field it got me and kept me at the top of my game.

Comment

I would come

Comment

We would try to make as many of the shoots as we can. The boys have shot field in 4-H, but that's all the exposure we have had. Thanks for thinking about the keeping the sport fresh. Its what we need.

Comment

I remember shooting the field range at the old Cowtown to keep my form and aim solid throughout the year. It was definitely an added bonus and plus when they had the Top Gun shoot and combined the field, indoor, and 3D together for a weekend competition. That was some of the best times I had. If it can be done I think it will be a huge benefit for Cowtown for other shoots to be held there and just another thing to practice on while at the range.

Comment

We were talking about the Top Gun and the guys were saying how much they enjoyed it. I would like to start weekly night tournaments again. It is a great way to keep in form and one of the pluses is we get to fellowship after work for a few hours.

Comment

Working...
                      X