No announcement yet.

Gofundme for the wall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm actually fine with this effort, but let me know when it hits $1 billion or so. I am more than sure that the mans heart is in the right place with this effort.
    Most (probably all on here) know that our border can be efficiently, inexpensively (compared to a wall) and effectively controlled by 24/7 drones. Literally every square inch of it. Very concerning when this issue of brick & mortar is even a consideration in the 21st Century?

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
      Any idea why they keep lowering the goal?
      It's still at $1B from what I see. That has been the goal from the start, and the max for a go find me account I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
        It's still at $1B from what I see. That has been the goal from the start, and the max for a go find me account I believe.
        I thought he meant the goal from the Whitehouse that was $5 billion or so for the Great Wall of Mexico. I could be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
          I thought he meant the goal from the Whitehouse that was $5 billion or so for the Great Wall of Mexico. I could be wrong.
          The goal from the WH is still at $5B.

Comment

Most (probably all on here) know that our border can be efficiently, inexpensively (compared to a wall) and effectively controlled by 24/7 drones. Literally every square inch of it. Very concerning when this issue of brick & mortar is even a consideration in the 21st Century?
            Do you have a fence/wall around your properties? Or do you use cameras and drones with no brick and mortar what so ever?

Comment

This is what fascinates me...with all the aid money that we have funneled into those craphole countries we could given every citizen of those countries over a million dollars each for them to stay in their own countries. Instead we think that giving the money to the corrupt governments will make their lives better.

Comment

Talk to BP down here in the valley...a correctly built barrier will most certainly be effective & just imagine what a fiasco it would have been in Cali if they didn't even have that chicken crap fencing!! Those who say otherwise are delusional & the comments of the like like barrett baffle me to no end. Schumer is on record in the past supporting & praising how a wall would be effective. Now?? It's all politics because the dems know if they agree it will be a win & talking points for Trump's re-election in 2020. They throw the country under the bus for the sake of power. So what do they do?? Send central america $10b in aid that only a tiny percentage will go to the poor. The govt will pocket most all that $$$. The Rio Grande Valley is said to have secured enough funds for only 60 miles of $$$$ for a barrier wall which isn't enough, but just watch how effective it will prove itself once erected!! Calling it a false sense of security is insulting to those of us who know & interact with the people who are paid to protect the border!! Denying the BP this keeps them in much more eminent harm.

It costs many thousands of dollars (well into 5 figures) for every OTM immigrant that crosses illegally. The wall will pay for itself simply by stopping them from crossing in no time. I don't care where the funds come from...it's probably the best spent $$$$ the taxpayers could spend!! Disappointed Trump is crawfishing on not shutting govt down on principal alone. He should hold the line on this one.

~~~~~~~~

I wonder if this vet has plans set up on how the $$$$ will be given to the govt...lots of red tape to build & don't think private citizens could do any real wall building directly??

Comment

I'm actually fine with this effort, but let me know when it hits $1 billion or so. I am more than sure that the mans heart is in the right place with this effort.
                  Im interested to hear the specifics behind drone patrol....?? Drones aren’t going to arrest and detain. You still need the manpower down there to deal with the problem. Which at he rate illegals are coming in, that’s a mighty tall, if not impossible task.
                  What we need to do is address the WHY. WHY are illegals coming here when clearly the VAST majority is not a legitimate asylum claim?
                  We all know hat answer - the welfare state. Entitlements. Freebies. Whatever you want to call them. This trulyvwill not be solved until we put Americans ahead of illegal immigrants. Which we all know a leftist government will never do! It’s a **** shame we’ve taken so much of this BS already. Corruption , lies, dual justice system, zero accountability to constituents, sexual harassment slush fund to the time of 18 M paid out of OUR money, Billions of taxpayer dollars sent to terrorists in the middle of the Night, communist ways being adopted. What more does it take people. Unfortunately I fear we are getting really close to our country being beyond resurrection.
                  Last edited by JLivi1224; 12-20-2018, 10:52 AM.

Comment

No, the GoFundMe goal was at $2BB last night and I believe it started even higher than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                      Talk to BP down here in the valley...a correctly built barrier will most certainly be effective & just imagine what a fiasco it would have been in Cali if they didn't even have that chicken crap fencing!! Those who say otherwise are delusional & the comments of the like like barrett baffle me to no end. Schumer is on record in the past supporting & praising how a wall would be effective. Now?? It's all politics because the dems know if they agree it will be a win & talking points for Trump's re-election in 2020. They throw the country under the bus for the sake of power. So what do they do?? Send central america $10b in aid that only a tiny percentage will go to the poor. The govt will pocket most all that $$$. The Rio Grande Valley is said to have secured enough funds for only 60 miles of $$$$ for a barrier wall which isn't enough, but just watch how effective it will prove itself once erected!! Calling it a false sense of security is insulting to those of us who know & interact with the people who are paid to protect the border!! Denying the BP this keeps them in much more eminent harm.

It costs many thousands of dollars (well into 5 figures) for every OTM immigrant that crosses illegally. The wall will pay for itself simply by stopping them from crossing in no time. I don't care where the funds come from...it's probably the best spent $$$$ the taxpayers could spend!! Disappointed Trump is crawfishing on not shutting govt down on principal alone. He should hold the line on this one.

~~~~~~~~

I wonder if this vet has plans set up on how the $$$$ will be given to the govt...lots of red tape to build & don't think private citizens could do any real wall building directly??
                      Meh. What do you people in the valley and BP know? It's not like y'all have to deal with it everyday.

Comment

I read this thread yesterday and didn't look at the Gofundme page. Looked at the story on Fox New this morning which said they had raised $1M. Clicked on their link and it was up over $3M. Just pulled up the page and below is the current total. Impressive! I believe the wall would be helpful in places. It will be interesting to see if this keeps up steam.

$4,904,134

Went up $38K while I typed my post...

Comment

You said it brother!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
                            No, the GoFundMe goal was at $2BB last night and I believe it started even higher than that.
                            It's my understanding that $1B is max for a go fund me account. Either way, what's your point?

Comment

Meh. What do you people in the valley and BP know? It's not like y'all have to deal with it everyday.
                              Exactly...the McAllen sector is over capacity. Would make your head spin how many centrals & Mid Easterners are apprehended currently.

They are a clever bunch, the narcos control the river & hit BP at shift change when it's more chaotic. They send the OTM's looking for asylum first who seek out BP & tie them up, then the mexican nationals, mules & thugs make for a heading to split the gaps. It's well orchestrated & BP can only apprehend so many.

Really sticks in my craw to hear folks belittle the effectiveness of properly made barriers. If it was any other president, it would have been funded & sacrificing the security of our nation simply due to the disdain of Trump is pathetic & shameful!! Disgusted with the opposition on this topic & they are on both sides. The republicans totally failed the border crisis the past two years & now the wall is all but dead. Depressing state of affairs!!

Comment

5.17 mil

Comment

Working...
                                X