Workout Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Workout Ideas

Alright guys. I'm trying to get rid of this dad body. I used to have a workout shed with weights, benches, jump boxes, tractor tire, the works. Harvey came, and now I don't have any room for anything to workout with. I'm looking for suggestions from the city folk who find time to exercise in their neighborhoods. I HATE just jogging. I don't mind it if its to cap off a good workout, but to just take off jogging will burn me out quick. I'm looking for some good ideas for home workouts because I have a 1 year old and I don't want to spend my time at the gym. I'm just wanting to shed some pounds, but like to get creative in order to keep it interesting and not get bored with it.

Here is my current inventory, which is all stuff my wife and I can both use. I'm not opposed to getting more stuff as long as it doesn't take up too much room. I've even tossed the idea of a Bowflex around a little bit because I have an room that I'm about to convert to a mancave/workout room. I just don't know if I want to take up all the space in the room with workout equipment. I'd rather a recliner and deer heads.

10 lb dumbells
    10 and 15 lb kettlebells
    15 lb wall ball
    Jump rope

21-15-9
    squat thrust dumbbell or wall balls
    kettlebell swings
    med ball sit ups
    42-30-18
    double under or singles and multiply by three

Comment

I know this might sound silly to some, and many may not have one to climb, but I get a workout climbing an overhead feed bin several times in one day. Though at first I was climbing the bin up to the top hatch to break up some badly clumped feed.

How about setting up some climbing sticks on a tree and climb it several times every day?
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Easttxhunterr View Post
        21-15-9
        kettlebell swings
        med ball sit ups
        42-30-18
        This is perfect

Comment

Bodyweight workouts

Comment

Originally posted by Easttxhunterr View Post
            21-15-9
            kettlebell swings
            med ball sit ups
            42-30-18
            This is the type of stuff I've started easing into. I'll be doing this this afternoon. I got a feeling I won't like you tomorrow!

Comment

Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
              This is the type of stuff I've started easing into. I'll be doing this this afternoon. I got a feeling I won't like you tomorrow!
              you can look up just about any crossfit or HIT website and find a million ideas on what to do on any given day. This is what I do. Beats paying $150 a month for crossfit classes

Comment

I have kettlebells and bought a gym that fits in a corner insprire FT 1great machine, but my favorite is my aqua bag, punching bags that are round and filled with water so they give not overly hard lilke a traditional bag, have a blast with mine

Comment

Originally posted by 1369 View Post
                  ive always enjoyed your profile pic.

Comment

Punching bag? $75 on amazon

Comment

Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
                      Alright guys. I'm trying to get rid of this dad body. I used to have a workout shed with weights, benches, jump boxes, tractor tire, the works. Harvey came, and now I don't have any room for anything to workout with. I'm looking for suggestions from the city folk who find time to exercise in their neighborhoods. I HATE just jogging. I don't mind it if its to cap off a good workout, but to just take off jogging will burn me out quick. I'm looking for some good ideas for home workouts because I have a 1 year old and I don't want to spend my time at the gym. I'm just wanting to shed some pounds, but like to get creative in order to keep it interesting and not get bored with it.

Here is my current inventory, which is all stuff my wife and I can both use. I'm not opposed to getting more stuff as long as it doesn't take up too much room. I've even tossed the idea of a Bowflex around a little bit because I have an room that I'm about to convert to a mancave/workout room. I just don't know if I want to take up all the space in the room with workout equipment. I'd rather a recliner and deer heads.

10 lb dumbells
                      10 and 15 lb kettlebells
                      15 lb wall ball
                      Jump rope

I have started my working out, which is running and it does get miserable day after day. I have started running stairs on my breaks at work. Watching what I eat and cutting out beer is the biggest down fall for losing some weight. I cut out all cokes, and drink Michelob Ultras but kind of defeats the purpose if you drink 15 in a night. Good luck I am trying to keep on it as well.

Comment

Make your own TRX Rings - there are plenty of exercises found on the web, DIY battle ropes ( Check YouTube). DIY tire drag, once again check YouTube.

Comment

ATHLEAN-X offers science backed workout programs and supplements designed to get you looking, moving, and feeling like an athlete - at home or at the gym!

Modify as needed AX1

Comment

Get one of those back pack style baby carrier dealio's and do squats and lunges with the kiddo.

DJ

Comment

Originally posted by 1369 View Post
                              Thanks for that.

Comment

Working...
                              X