can the sight be moved.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can the sight be moved.....

On a post yesterday I posted I am having problems with my pins being to close together, and covering the target at 30 yrds my question is if I move this sight forward will it open up my pin gaps? or will it make no difference.
    here are some pics that may help you see what i'm asking.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	sight1.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	220.8 KB
ID:	24812335
    Click image for larger version

Name:	sight2.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	167.9 KB
ID:	24812336

forward will close your gaps.... towards your peep will open your gaps... but you will need to resight everything, dont assume it is still on, or even close

Comment

Originally posted by bowfishin fool View Post
      forward will close your gaps.... towards your peep will open your gaps... but you will need to resight everything, dont assume it is still on, or even close
      Sorry but that is not correct. The farther the sight is away from the peep the wider the gap.

This is why target shooters have such a loooong sight bracket, it will allow the gap to be great enough to dail in to the exact foot.

But on your sight it might not move enough to fix the problem

Comment

So do think moving it that small of a distance(i.e pic2) will make enough difference?

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
          Sorry but that is not correct. The farther the sight is away from the peep the wider the gap.

This is why target shooters have such a loooong sight bracket, it will allow the gap to be great enough to dail in to the exact foot.

But on your sight it might not move enough to fix the problem

hmm you might be right, i was doing it mentally, when you move it closer, the gap between your pins is larger, but the dots from the fiber optics are larger too.... so less precise...

but i think your right about the target shooters having long brackets for that reason... good to know

Comment

Originally posted by bscooten1974 View Post
            So do think moving it that small of a distance(i.e pic2) will make enough difference?
            i think if you need gap then i would move it and try, im sure its better than what you have ! i have a much longe site, and i love it, not sure the brand came on the bow when i bought it , but its longer than my damper !

ive been doing this for about 3 weeks, first bow , and that is my 20yd groop ! 30yd opens a little but still deff kill zone
            Attached Files
            Last edited by h2447intx; 07-21-2010, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Yeah thats what im thinking to just wanted so advice before i do it.

Comment

Originally posted by bscooten1974 View Post
                Worth a try, I have no idea.
                Move sight and dont touch the pins. Shoot it and see how much difference there is. If it looks like it might work sight it in, if not put it back in original holes and your right back where you started

Comment

yeah thanks for the advise it is appreciated

Comment

What distances are you setting them for. With the speed of bows nowadays, there is no need for 5yrd increments. You may need to change the distances the pins are set for.

Comment

i'm shooting 20 and 30 thats the problem the pins are right on top of each other

Comment

Try using one pin at 25 yards and just practice at known distances. Eliminates some of the confusion when the deer steps out. Most of our hunting in texas is at known distances anyway.

Comment

Thanks Chew, do you think it would even make any difference to move the sight forward that 1/2 inch?

Comment

I don't think 1/2" would do much. Maybe try a smaller pin for your 20 yard (.10) and a .19 for your 30 yard ( i think that's right...may be vice versa) It would give you a little more room.

Comment

cool thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X