Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Robot pool cleaners? Which one would you buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TXhunter77 View Post
    Been happy with our Dolphin (Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus Robotic Pool Cleaner) as well...kids even named it "Flipper"
    Ha. We call our Paulio the Pool Guy.

Comment

Our Polaris sweeper is the bane of my existence. I've completely rebuilt it twice in the last three years and it still doesn't cover the whole pool, gets hung up on smooth surfaces, and requires constant attention. It's like having a toddler back there that you can't take your eyes off of....I hate it.

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
        So you have a pump running 12/7/365? Seems expensive on the electrical side. The robot runs 3hrs 2-3 days a week @ 80% less electricity as a pump. Pool stays spotless.
        It’s a high efficiency variable speed pump, but yeah we run the water features during daylight. With 5 people in a 5,000 square foot house with 3 AC’s, we still have a relatively manageable electric bill, somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by CyTxCazador View Post
          5,000 square foot house with 3 AC’s

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
            Same one I have. Been happy w/it.

Look @:
            https://maytronicsus.com/

I have the same...I’m happy with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The Dolphin M500 by Matronics is the unit we provide with every new pool we build. It is an amazing unit.

Comment

I have a Pentair warrior SE. It’s been great. I ordered it online from Marine Pool and Spa they are out of Colorado I believe, best price on the net that I could find. Really nice people and very helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by TXhunter77 View Post
                  Been happy with our Dolphin (Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus Robotic Pool Cleaner) as well...kids even named it "Flipper"
                  Ours works great. His name is Javi. We spent just under $800 for it almost 3 years ago, still works like a champ.

Comment

I appreciate all the input. Looks like the Dolphin is the winner.

Comment

$1600 for the Dolphin M500....holy crap

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
                        $1600 for the Dolphin M500....holy crap
                        I called a local store for a price and they had the newer version, M600, cash price $1700. I said thank you and hung up.

Comment

I stick with my Polaris 280. It is a hassle when you need to rebuild it but it only takes an hour per year. I had a dolphin, but always worried about my dogs chewing the cord when I had it in the pool.

Comment

Originally posted by stikshooter View Post
                            I have a Pentair warrior SE. It’s been great. I ordered it online from Marine Pool and Spa they are out of Colorado I believe, best price on the net that I could find. Really nice people and very helpful.
                            I was just going to post this. I did the exact same thing. The big plus no tax yet. You have to call and ask for Margaret at Marina pool and spa. They are in Denver. They will have it at your door in 2 days. The SE comes without bluetooth but is capable( It may be the SI) find out how much that model is extra and ask if it is worth it. Margaret will tell you the truth.

Comment

I have an older Pentair for $50 COVID-19 special that only needs the rubber wheels. About $20 for the wheel kit. Shipped on your dime. PM if interested

Comment

Mark me down on team MX8. Love mine, just run it a couple times a week but I have had it for years. Treads wore out and bought a tune up kit for it and it is back up to spec.

Comment

Working...
                                X