East Texas Thunder Chicken Rut is On!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

East Texas Thunder Chicken Rut is On!!

Got these pics last night out of my camera right behind the house. I walked out to my pole barn and about 6 of them were only 30 yards behind the barn. Pulled my camera cards and these are about 250 yards behind the house.
    Attached Files

Nice Gobbler there!

Comment

Very cool!

Comment

Nice

Comment

Great pics!! I've killed many, many turkeys over the years and had so many out west on our place, they were sometimes a pest, but I've never actually seen a turkey in East Texas!! Heard 'em once a long time ago, but never laid eyes on 'em...

Would love to see some on my place, but never heard of any around the north end of Liberty County...

Comment

I'm in NW Jasper County and the TPWD stocked them in this area several years ago. I've seen a few over the years but nothing like this. I have a flock of about 6-8 on my property and since they have found the corn and my pond, I don't think they will travel far. Here is one a pic just behind the barn and only 100 yds. from the house.
            Attached Files

Comment

I wish we had some of those running around my place. I haven't seen any yet up where I am at.

Comment

Nice! Counting down the days.

Comment

They're gobbling like crazy and strutting around in Edwards Co.

I always feel like the season starts about a week or ten days too late out here.

Comment

Man I miss hearing an Eastern's gobble...

Comment

The gobblers were very vocal last weekend at our lease in San Saba County. We heard a bunch of them gobbling way before daylight. It was kind of funny actually. Shut a truck door....gobble. Cow moos.....gobble. Coyotes howl.....gobble. They will gobble at pretty much any noise right now. I wish the season would open earlier. The toms are just stupid around this time of year.

Comment

Awesome!!! Hope they continue to flourish. Been some mixed results.

Comment

Hey Doug, text me the coordinates!

Comment

Wish we still had them here in NE Texas around Harrison County

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Man that's awesome. I'm so jealous you've got birds. We're in Western Angelina Co, trying like hell to get our habitat right for TPWD to do a restocking. That's my dream is to have birds on our place before I'm dead and gone!

Comment

Working...
                              X