Normal pressure in home propane tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the normal pressure in a propane tank at the house. Wondering if my instant hot water heater is not messing up due to the pressure being low.

No clue but your local propane dealer would probably check it for you. Our local dealer would, but I live in a small town.

Comment

Google the water heater and see what the specs say the operating range is.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
        Google the water heater and see what the specs say the operating range is.
        True

Comment

Maybe a stupid question, but does your water heater have propane jets or natural gas jets?

Comment

I am thinking 4 oz, but that is off memory from a while back. So don't take it as Gospel

Comment

8oz at the unit which is about 11" water column. New on demand heaters are really picky about the pressure and volume at the unit.

Comment

Sorry
                Tankless Nevian hot water heater
                Wondering if 35 psi is too low

We had 65 gallons put in Jan 15. Out there 6-7 times since then. Had heat on around 55 degrees. Wondering if it may be low

Comment

Propane tank says 35 psi

Comment

What size tank? Propane has issues when you get to 25% of tank capacity

A wise man’s heart inclines to the right, but the heart of a fool to the left.
                    Ecclesiastes 10:2

Comment

Won't run on empty.

Comment

It’s been a minute since I went through gas school, but I think propane behind the regulator runs at about 11 inches of water column, which is less than 1/2 psi, but I could be confusing that with NG. The pressures aren’t much different though. Volume can cause issues too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Depends on outside temperature. Take your tank temp, compare with this chart, and that is what pressure you should have.

Comment

Pressure at your tank doesn’t matter much, it’s the pressure behind the regulator that the water heater is dealin with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by double bogey View Post
                              http://virtualmark.net/wx/pressure.htm

Depends on outside temperature. Take your tank temp, compare with this chart, and that is what pressure you should have.
                              If tank temp is 87 then it needs over 100 psi

Comment

Working...
                              X