Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you doing for workouts at home?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are you doing for workouts at home?

I had bought a book about kettlebell workouts before the hysteria started. https://amazon.com/gp/product/098989...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I was gonna give it a try just to see if it was something I could recommend for my parents to do at home (using much lighter weights). I didn't get around to doing that until the gyms had to shut down. So I bought a couple of kettlebells. Fortunately, I got them before all the home gym stuff was wiped out at all the stores. Also bought a pullup/dip bar. Bought a stall mat at Tractor Supply and have all of that in my son's garage, where we work out together.

The kettlebell workout is pretty good. I've been adding pullups, pushups, and KB lunges and RDLs to it. I feel like that's decent enough to keep from losing much, except for legs. I don't have a squat rack or barbell and weights anymore, so I haven't been able to do anything heavy with legs.

Stinks, but just doing what I can with what I have to work with until we can get back into the gym.

What are y'all doing?

Been riding my bike. ALOT!!

Using anvil for deadlifts and have some large cedar posts been using for overhead presses.

Sometimes, you just gotta use what ya got.

Comment

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gczI5sINn9U"]SEAL FIt Man Maker - YouTube[/ame]

Been doing 5 set of 10 of above with 50 box jumps, 50 step ups in between sets.

Comment

I just started this week getting ready for my Elk hunt and I've been walking 4 miles each night with a 15 pound pack to start with. I'll start getting back on my bike and working my way up to 150 miles per week and putting more weight in the pack as the months go along.

Comment

Originally posted by OleTomTalker View Post
          Been riding my bike. ALOT!!

Using anvil for deadlifts and have some large cedar posts been using for overhead presses.

Sometimes, you just gotta use what ya got.
          I need to find something heavy to deadlift.

Comment

Running

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Man the struggle is real.

All i have is 12lb DB's and a heavy band.

Doing a 2 on 1 off rotation at the high school track. Usually 3ish circuits hitting 3 muscle groups and mixing in 2-4 miles running

Comment

Cutting down trees chopping em up and splittin up for firewood. Working on feeders and blinds for start of this coming season. Getting the DR brushcutter ready to clean up roads and trails at lease.

Comment

12oz curls

Comment

Curls
                    Triceps
                    Shoulders
                    Squats
                    Back
                    Bench
                    And walking around shooting cactus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Setting the HOOk and fighting fish couple of times a week, while practicing social distancing

Comment

Running. My wife and I started a training program for the Capital 10K. Even though it was cancelled (was supposed to be this Sunday), we have continued with the plan. Peaked at 8.25 miles and tapering now with some interval sprints. Guess I will figure out something else to do next week. Neither of our work has changed so, it is still a challenge to fit in the time for a workout.

Comment

plenty to do on the land ... burning and re-piling brush, to burn again.
                          Anyone wants to come help you're more than welcome.

Comment

I am a coach. So luckily was able to borrow some stuff.

I have a Jungle Gym(TRX but better)
                            Chin up bar
                            Jump ropes
                            Borrowed 455lbs of weights and bumper plates and a barbell, 20-25lb dbs.
                            Harnesses

Been splitting into leg day, Shoulder day, back and bicep day, chest and triceps day, core and strongman, and arms and calves abs days.

Wish I had a squat rack. But my trash cans work.

This week
                            -
                            Shoulder day, stretch, jump rope 2x1minute. 3x Lateral,front, rear delts with 10lb weight. Shoulder press 4x12, upright bb row 4x10, TRX clock pull 3x6, trx delt fly, bus driver with 45lb plate, DB lateral raises 5-6 sets to fail. Then 6 50 yard parachute sprints.

Leg day- Squats 4x10 up to 365. Then dropset 315-225-135 to failure, 3x10 RDL,3x10 Front squat, 3x8 behind the back dead lift, 3x6 SL Squat, 5x12 Calfe raise.

Chest day- Seated dips 4x12, floor press 4x12, TRX pec fly 3x12, Pushups and box push ups 6x15, DB pec fly 3x15, skull crusher 3x10, band triceps press down 3x15.

Strongman- Jumprope 3x1min., Box Jump 4x6, Plate carry 3 trips up and down driveway holding 3 45# plates on chest, yoke walk, up and down street 4x with 225# on barbell, truck pull. 4 40 yard pulls of my truck with harness.

Back day- pullups 5x10, Deadlift 10,8,6,4,4,4 up to 455#. Barbell row 4x10, single arm t bar row 4x12, trx low row 4x12, trx high row 4x12

Arms Calves day - pullups, chinups, dips ,curls, pressdowns, calve raises to boredom.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm somewhat limited because of lack of equipment at home. All I have are 15 -25-35lb dumbells. One "round" is:
                              Air squats (we used to call deep knee bends)
                              Lunges w/dumbells
                              Push-ups
                              Military presses
                              Shoulder flys
                              Tricep extensions
                              Curls
                              I do three rounds

I need to build a pull up bar but haven't figured the best way

I got my road bike off the wall yesterday - tuned it up and replaced the tubes. Once this next stretch of rain is over I will hit the roads around my house.

Comment

Working...
                              X