No announcement yet.

Bobcat Mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great looking bobcat. Intense look, paw in the air, claws out gripping tree bark, lots of realistic detail in this one. Good job.

Comment

Looks great.

Comment

I don't want to discount the guy's work, because he might be pretty good, but you can not judge anything based on that mount.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	24620007

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
          I don't want to discount the guy's work, because he might be pretty good, but you can not judge anything based on that mount.

[ATTACH]1005388[/ATTACH]
          You can judge it by the fact that it doesn't look like crap like 99.9% of the other bobcat mounts

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
            You can judge it by the fact that it doesn't look like crap like 99.9% of the other bobcat mounts
            True.
            But it's not fair to say that this guy is a great taxidermist because he put a skin on a form that has all the facial features pre-set. There is very little talent needed to put together a mount like that. The guy that "invented" that system makes a bunch of small mammal forms like this ... fox, bobcats, and coyotes, so far, but the sizes/poses are limited. What would this guy have done with an extremely large cat, that didn't fit on any of the forms that have a pre-set face?

There's a good chance that it would have been on the other end of the scale.

Like I said, I'm not discounting the guys talent, but it's not fair to say he's a great taxidermist, or that he has a full time future mounting bobcats, based on THAT mount.

Comment

True.

But it's not fair to say that this guy is a great taxidermist because he put a skin on a form that has all the facial features pre-set. There is very little talent needed to put together a mount like that. The guy that "invented" that system makes a bunch of small mammal forms like this ... fox, bobcats, and coyotes, so far, but the sizes/poses are limited. What would this guy have done with an extremely large cat, that didn't fit on any of the forms that have a pre-set face?

Like I said, I'm not discounting the guys talent, but it's not fair to say he's a great taxidermist, or that he has a full time future mounting bobcats, based on THAT mount.

This makes sense.

Kinda like a person buying a pre-made service pole from McCoy’s and setting it the ground. And someone saying he has a future in electrical work.

It would be different if all parts were delivered and the same guy had to build the pole instead of just set it in the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I will judge it. Looks beautiful

Comment

True.

Sounds to me like a lot more taxidermist SHOULD use the pre set stuff. It is still not going to be easy to make one look this good. I'd rather a taxidermist that "cheated" and made my stuff look legit, than and "artist" whose mount looks like it got ran over by a dump truck.

Comment

Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
                    Sounds to me like a lot more taxidermist SHOULD use the pre set stuff. It is still not going to be easy to make one look this good. I'd rather a taxidermist that "cheated" and made my stuff look legit, than and "artist" whose mount looks like it got ran over by a dump truck.
                    I can't argue your point, but you've completely missed mine.

Comment

True.

I didn't see that the OP described him as a great taxidermist. He just said he was a firefighter and a taxidermist on the side.

Regardless, once again, the cat looks great.

Comment

If he's as good of Firefighter as he is at his side job, I really hope he is the one to come rescue me if I'm ever caught in a burning building. I'm impressed, off the shelf form or not.

Comment

Well this one was no fun....its looks perfect.

Comment

Great work. Preset form or not. I would let him do mine anytime.

Comment

Looks great. It's all in how they set the eyes.

Comment

I'm a little disappointed. I saw another bobcat mount thread and quickly opened it up to see the train wreck and all the comments.. Always like to see a good looking cat mount, but all too often that is not what you get.

Comment

Working...
                                X