Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you doing for workouts at home?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MLank View Post
    250 jumps and 250 stepups?
    That's correct!

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
      I had bought a book about kettlebell workouts before the hysteria started. https://amazon.com/gp/product/098989...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I was gonna give it a try just to see if it was something I could recommend for my parents to do at home (using much lighter weights). I didn't get around to doing that until the gyms had to shut down. So I bought a couple of kettlebells. Fortunately, I got them before all the home gym stuff was wiped out at all the stores. Also bought a pullup/dip bar. Bought a stall mat at Tractor Supply and have all of that in my son's garage, where we work out together.

The kettlebell workout is pretty good. I've been adding pullups, pushups, and KB lunges and RDLs to it. I feel like that's decent enough to keep from losing much, except for legs. I don't have a squat rack or barbell and weights anymore, so I haven't been able to do anything heavy with legs.

Stinks, but just doing what I can with what I have to work with until we can get back into the gym.

What are y'all doing?
      Mostly going heavy with taco curls.

Comment

Stretching, running and lifting. We have the entire family on an exercise and strength program.

We're doing the April Calendarclub challenge. We all picked a specific exercise activity and have committed to doing it each day with the number of reps corresponding to the day. So yesterday we all did 1 rep, on April 15 we will do 15 reps, and on April 30 we will do 30 reps. 465 total reps throughout the month. Something fun, challenging, and different to keep the kids interested.

I made a calendar on a white board. After each day we initial and X it out.
        Attached Files

Comment

Started running again. Ran a marathon in Anchorage and hurt my foot. Doctor said to lay off and let it heal. I think 23 years is probably long enough.

Also riding my bike more. Rainy weather I ride an indoor trainer.

Since gyms closed I have not lifted at all.

Comment

Camp Gladiator is doing virtual workouts through the Zoom app.

They are free for anyone to log into.

Comment

Runner here. It's been a lot easier to train with no distractions and relatively cool weather. The down side is all the races I wanted to run have been cancelled.

Comment

I broke down and purchased the 30-30 program from Mountain Tough Fitness and am almost through my second week. Its a 6 week program with 5 workouts weekly, that are all body weight based. It involves way more leg workouts and running then I'm used to, but its keeping me active and hopefully won't lose any gains I've gotten the last few months.

Comment

With health club closed, either walk at the HS track one hour each day or hit tennis balls for an hour and a half- serves, forehands and backhands with a trash bag full of balls. Nobody ever out there. Also, bank fishing a little when I can find a place that's not crowded.

Comment

I don't have any equipment so strength training has been limited to body weight exercises.
                    For cardio, walking or jogging
                    Then 20-30 minutes per day of
                    body weight squats
                    lunges (walking, reverse, curtsy)
                    various planks
                    push ups
                    wall sits
                    bench dips

My gym gave all the members a 1 month subscriptions to the Wellbeats app. I've enjoyed the core strengthening, body weight and yoga videos.

Comment

X2 on sandbag training

Comment

12-16oz curls

I typically do two squats/day.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                          That would be great, flex - can you post a pic of your pull-up bar??
                          Pics of my setup. Pullup bar and all.

Did 100 reps at 155# on bench, 4x15 on reverse grip bench, 4x20 DB fly, 3x20 TRX Fly, plyo box pushups 3x10, skull crushers 3x20. 3 minutes jump rope.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks flex - so that 2x4 is just lag-screwed into the joists?

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                              Thanks flex - so that 2x4 is just lag-screwed into the joists?
                              Yes sir.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by letsgoboys8204 View Post
                                been doing Camp Gladiator workouts with zoom they have been awesome
                                Same Kicked my azz the first week.
                                More sore than I ever get in my regular weight lifting.
                                Some yard/ranch work. I am probably 10 lbs overweight and hope to lose that.

BP

Comment

Working...
                                X