Predator Hunt Success

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Predator Hunt Success

Had a pretty good weekend, we hunted the Texas Predator Shootout at the Rockwall Gun Club. We hunt several of these types of hunt each year but I have added a new daytime gun and hadn’t logged much trigger time so I was a bit nervous. I wanted to switch from a bolt gun to an AR platform to assist with follow up shots or multiple targets during the day. I debated on a creedmoor but didn’t want the weight of an AR10 so I finally decided on a 224 Valkyrie and it proved its worth during this hunt. In addition we recently made an e-caller change from Foxpro to LuckyDuck and weren’t exactly used to the new remote.

Shot a coyote on the first stand and on the second we had a triple burning down the call, I motioned to my team mate to make the shot when he was ready and I would try to back him up on the pick up. Dogs checked up about 75 yds from the call and he sent one right through his chest the other two dogs bolted. I shot the furthest one pretty quick he hadn’t really reached full stride, but not having to pull my eye off the scope made transitioning to the last dog really quick and when your target is moving away from you that fast, time is of the essence. 3rd shot hit her right in the back of the neck and she flipped over herself.....4 in the basket 2 hours into the hunt.
    We ended up with 7 coyotes and 5 bobcats and that was enough to take 1st place. The new call did great, the new gun did great, at least till dark. We had a bunch of laughs and made some great memories and for us that what it’s about. The money and the buckle are nice too. Thanks for reading

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice!

Did you make or buy that seat setup?

Comment

Congrats. I like that Ranger set up

Comment

Congrats. Sounds like a lot of fun

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
          Nice!

Did you make or buy that seat setup?

I built it, we have one for the truck too but we've gotten to the point where we really only hunt out of this one, its so nice to spin in those seats and be able to anchor your rifle from 2 points: in addition your scanner/light guy stands above you so they can scan 360 degrees and not wash you with the light halo. I've had so many people ask about the rack. I've built 3 so far identical to this one and have orders in for four and five.

Comment

Great work

Comment

Congrats! Looks like y’all had some fun

Comment

Congrats guys

Comment

Nice congrats.

Why did you dump foxpro (made in USA) for the chinese lucky duck?

Comment

Awesome congrats

Comment

Nice job congrats!

Comment

Nicely done gents!

Comment

Awesome rack! I like that a lot, but it’s putting ideas in my head!

Comment

You shot all the yotes and cats during daylight in one day? Wow if that is the case

Comment

Wow...congrats

Comment

Working...
                              X