Gun Safe in Garage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gun Safe in Garage

Does anyone have their safe in the garage? I bought one and that's really the only place I can put it. Will Texas heat warp my wood stocks and affect ammunition in the summer time?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

you will be fine

Comment

Not my choice, but a lot of shooters do it.

Comment

Mine is in my garage, no problems at all.

Comment

No problem in the garage. But I use descant and a heat rod and nothing has warped or rusted in a couple years

Comment

I would never put mine in the garage for multiple reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Mine has been in the garage for years.
              Get a slight oversized Golden Rod and you'll be fine. Never have had an issue. Even with guns that are 100 years old in it.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

I had mine out in the garage for a year or so then decided to move it upstairs to make room in my little hunting closet outside. I didn't notice any problems at all, but my garage doesn't get TOO hot, it's kind of insulated.

Comment

It will work but be sure to bolt it to the concrete the best you can. There's no use in having a safe when someone can hook a truck and chain up to it and drag it down the road. Talked to multiple LEOs who say that is by far the most common thing they see when dealing with stolen gun safes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Did it for years no problems. Bolt it to the floor and build a box around it to make it look like a cabinet from the street when the garage door is open.

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
                      No problem in the garage. But I use descant and a heat rod and nothing has warped or rusted in a couple years
                      This is a must.

I haven't had an issue at all since I got the heat rod. Without the heat rod, I had problems. Mine is anchored to the slab so, it will take a direct hit from a large bomb to dislodge it.

Comment

You can only do so much if you are not home. I have buddies with gun safes in the house and grinders and cutting torches in the garage.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas660 View Post
                          Did it for years no problems. Bolt it to the floor and build a box around it to make it look like a cabinet from the street when the garage door is open.

I have had zero issues. I do agree with concealing the safe from passerby's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

How do get the electrical power supply to heat rod in the safe ?

Comment

I have mine in the garage witha acoupe dessicant cans. Been 2 years no problem. It wasnt the ideal choice but with this house it was the only place I could get it. Thinkong about putting it in the bedroom at our new hoise and building a wood surround for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X