Tikka T1X vs CZ455?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tikka T1X vs CZ455?

I’ve got a CZ455 set with .22 and 17Hmr barrels, that has never been shot.
    The problem is that neither barrel is threaded.

Seeing the Tikka T1X is available in 17Hmr with a 16” threaded barrel, am I crazy for considering selling the 455 set and buying a T1X?

I love both rifle brands...but, I adore my CZ rimfires.

Comment

Sell the 455 and one barrel. Then buy a 457 with an already threaded barrel. Then have the barrel you kept threaded. 455 and 457 barrels are interchangeable, but the 457 is a significant upgrade to the 455 IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
        Sell the 455 and one barrel. Then buy a 457 with an already threaded barrel. Then have the barrel you kept threaded. 455 and 457 barrels are interchangeable, but the 457 is a significant upgrade to the 455 IMO.
        That is an option I hadn’t considered.
        Can the 455 American barrels be threaded? I guess I need to measure OD at the muzzle.

Comment

I have a 455 American that started life as a sporter model. Wood sporter style stock, with 22 LR, 22 WMR and 17 HMR sporter barrels. When I got my 22 can, I just ordered a 16” threaded varmint barrel from CZ, and a Boyd’s pro varmint stock and made it a CZ Pro Varmint. Love the rifle, and I could always go back to original configuration if I wanted (but doubt I ever would). You could always keep the action and stock, sell the barrels if you want and order threaded straight from CZ.

Comment

Originally posted by RingSteel View Post
            That is an option I hadn’t considered.
            Can the 455 American barrels be threaded? I guess I need to measure OD at the muzzle.
            May have to cut it back a bit to have enough shoulder, but I’d expect to be able to. 1/2 x 28 doesn’t require much OD.

Comment

I cut and threaded my wife’s 452with a sporter barrel on it.

Decided to do a little testing on the affects of altering the barrel/harmonics. I started with a new rifle and shot a 10 round group with it after each machining operation. The final length was 16 1/4”. The gun shot good only the POI shifted a bit. The same aiming point was used with all targets(small circle)No cleaning of any sort, the action was torqued each time the stock was installed, 36X Weaver was used.
              This was a 452 barrel in which I am guessing has the same contour as a 455 sporter does. To answer the question yes you can thread it 1/2”x28 without cutting it down any.

Here are the test targets through the operations. Top left to bottom right.

Last edited by sendit; 08-02-2020, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the info. It’s encouraging to see your barrel be that consistent when cutting and threading.

Looks like $125 - $150 to get a barrel threaded in Houston.

Comment

I don't know much about the Tikka but have had 3 CZ's and love them all.

I currently have a 453 in 17 HMR and I'm getting ready to move into a 457 Pro Varmint or MTR.

It's a little more coin but you may want to see if APR still has some of the Bergara barreled actions. Robert has been banging steel with his out to 500 yards.

Comment

Working...
                  X