When Did You Start To Feel Old?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When Did You Start To Feel Old?

I am 38 now, and from what I can tell, aches and pains last longer and become more concerning, I don't sleep well, and the amount of time I spend working out caused my recovery time to double. I'm still blessed to have the health I have, but I have noticed its not as difficult to become sore, and that soreness takes longer to go away.

What's everybody else's age?

You are not alone! I’m going on 35 and am starting to feel the repercussions of abusing my body and shift work. My back hurts, I don’t sleep well due to that and working rotating shifts. My family has history of bad knees and hips, and when I exercise lately I feel it in my hip getting in or out of my truck and doing other things. Exercise makes me feel good and I felt myself getting out of shape last year and decided to try and do better, so I won’t stop even if it costs me surgeries later on. Just keep on keeping on!

Comment

35 years old and dealing with chronic sciatic pain. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Comment

I'm 49 and up till the last few months felt like I could out work or at least hang with the young guys at work. Now I seem to wear down pretty quick. I know it's this shift work. Your body never gets regulated and eating habits are terrible. I'm trying to work on my eating but really wish I could get out of the plant and do something else. A doctor told one of my shift mates that shift work takes 10 years off your life. You really start thinking about it too when you get a little age on you. Tough to admit your not the same young buck you used to be.

Comment

In your 30s and already complaing of getting old. Y’all are in some serious troubles.

Comment

when i was in a head on collision when i was 31, its been downhill ever since. i can still outwork all the youngins 10 years later but i cant run for crap anymore.

Comment

36 here. I'm in my prime. Don't sleep quite as well, but don't really require much. Feel good when I'm working, do get overheated a bit faster, but if I manage it right can get just as much or more done in a day. Definitely don't feel old. One thing I have noticed is it's easier to put on weight, and harder to get it off. Other than that, I'm VERY PATIENTLY waiting to start feeling old.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Around 50 was when it hit me hard. I couldnt do half the physical stuff I used to do. I am 59 and now mentally I don't want to do the other half of what I used ta could do.
                All you 30 somethins got a long way to go.
                Last edited by Abcdj; 07-29-2020, 03:47 AM.

Comment

It's all in your mind. There's people that like to complain about everything. Try to keep those people out of your life or they will rub off on you. I've had my share of surgeries just keep positive, eat well drink lots of water and exercise alot

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

I agree with 50

Comment

if you think you got it bad now just wait and no matter what you cannot run from it!!! You will look back at what you all have said here and think man it wasn't that bad after all. Good luck in your sixties.

Comment

50 for me. Had an allergic reaction to a medication that caused joint pain. My knees and shoulders still hurt two years later.

Comment

Maybe I’ve been blessed but I am in my late 60’s and am just now starting to feel my age.

Comment

When I started needing reading glasses at 45.

Comment

It gets better as you age, you just hurt all the time and get used to it.

Comment

Working...
                              X