No announcement yet.

Science Behind Mask wearing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don’t give a **** about a mask. Do I think it’s making any difference with this virus...NO. But I don’t really mind wearing one when in a private business, except it makes my glasses fog up. I don’t have a problem putting it on though, and those who do are not defending some patriotic high ground like they seem to think.

Where I have a problem is if I forget it in the truck and run into the store and run into one of the Karen super ****s with an I phone and an agenda. If you want to put me on Facebook, go for it dummy....but you better block it from your kids or they’re gonna learn some new words and find out exactly what a moron their mom is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
      To allow for more research to save more lives. To not overload our medical community. It’s not complicated.

The hydroxychloroquine with azithromycin, and zinc, has been proven a near cure, saved a bunch of folks, and helped a LOT of people get over it. But the same *******s who want to require in effective masks, won’t make it available to us....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve been wearing masks in Asia for more than 12 years and I can say from my personal experience, they make a difference. I’ve been wearing a buff for 16 hr flights the last 4 years and the incidents of sinus infections after the flights is down significantly. I’ve just gotten so used to them I can’t understand the anti-mask sentiment.
        Bacteria that would cause sinus infections are around 100X larger than a virus. Maybe that explains your experience with wearing buffs and having fewer sinus infections?

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
          Bacteria that would cause sinus infections are around 100X larger than a virus. Maybe that explains your experience with wearing buffs and having fewer sinus infections?
          Yup, huge difference

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Bacteria vs. virus isn't apples and oranges. It's more like apples and apple seeds. You could throw a bucket full of apples at a chain link fence, and they'd all bounce off of it, and none would end up on the other side of the fence. You could then throw a bucket of apple seeds at the same chain link fence, and almost all of them would fly through and land on the other side of the fence. A few would hit the wire and bounce back, but most would fly on through. From the studies I've read, that seems to be about how cloth masks and viruses go.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
              Bacteria vs. virus isn't apples and oranges. It's more like apples and apple seeds. You could throw a bucket full of apples at a chain link fence, and they'd all bounce off of it, and none would end up on the other side of the fence. You could then throw a bucket of apple seeds at the same chain link fence, and almost all of them would fly through and land on the other side of the fence. A few would hit the wire and bounce back, but most would fly on through. From the studies I've read, that seems to be about how cloth masks and viruses go.
              But most of the virus doesn't leave the body just the size of the virus it is being carried in vapor, spit, and snot. One reason they have snot shields on salad bars. For your example it would be more like throwing the bucket with the seeds still inside the bucket at the chain link fence.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                But most of the virus doesn't leave the body just the size of the virus it is being carried in vapor, spit, and snot. One reason they have snot shields on salad bars. For your example it would be more like throwing the bucket with the seeds still inside the bucket at the chain link fence.
                You got your goggles yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
                  You got your goggles yet?
                  Yep! Had to start wearing them when I turned about 47, readers

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                    Yep! Had to start wearing them when I turned about 47, readers
                    I'm 47 and can still see. I'm shocked as everyone else in the fam is blind.

Comment

To allow for more research to save more lives. To not overload our medical community. It’s not complicated.
                      Sure it is. Prove any hospital is close to being full.

And virus have been around longer than humans. And they'll be around after humans.

So are you saying to always wear a mask from now on? Or only when we have a new virus slightly worse than the Flu? But why not just for the regular Flu?

Can you prove COVID is worse than the Flu? How many people are tested for the Flu each year without having symptoms? We know millions are tested for COVID with zero symptoms. There's a million other questions also but I think you know that.

So you don't think we should build immunity to COVID? How many healthy people have died from COVID? Any at all?

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                        Sure it is. Prove any hospital is close to being full.

And virus have been around longer than humans. And they'll be around after humans.

So are you saying to always wear a mask from now on? Or only when we have a new virus slightly worse than the Flu? But why not just for the regular Flu?

Can you prove COVID is worse than the Flu? How many people are tested for the Flu each year without having symptoms? We know millions are tested for COVID with zero symptoms. There's a million other questions also but I think you know that.

So you don't think we should build immunity to COVID? How many healthy people have died from COVID? Any at all?

Big ol golf clap on this one. Well stated.

Comment

[ATTACH]1013020[/ATTACH]

Comment

Working...
                          X