No announcement yet.

When Did You Start To Feel Old?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My weight and the mid 40s removed me from hardnosed grinding bulletproof to "**** I didn't used to have pains there". A couple of Aleve and a good nights sleep and I'm back to throwing feed and doing lease work the next day. Repeat process.. Now the heat ....I used to could sit on the front of a bassboat all day in the summer fishing deep humps. Now I know why my Dad always wanted to go in before noon.. I am not a fan of long term heat on the head exposure...

Now I don't climb feeder ladders or trees anymore....mostly due to my weight (we are working on that) but I wouldn't be climbing trees anymore anyway. We do hunt smarter not harder these days....and I do the same around the house....work smart not harder..

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
      When I had a heart attack.
      probably due to too tight shorts
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
        but around 45 I started dreading jumping out of the bed of my truck because I knew it would hurt.
        Thats funny. I remember when the pull out tailgate "steps" first came out and thinking how silly they were. Now I never exit the bed of my truck without using mine!
        I'm 57. I worked pretty hard labor til I was 43 then switched to a desk job. I was always in really good shape until I started having knee problems. My knees were the reason I switched jobs. They started aching around 40. I figured I better get out of the hard labor while I could still walk. I immediately put on about 25 lbs and never took it off. Im still not terribly overweight but could use a little trimming around the gut. I have 12 acres at my house so I still work hard at home and at my lease that's about 10 min away. I also stay pretty active. I kayak fish a lot. I like to roam and scout the public land I'm close to that I first started deer hunting on in my 20's. Heat is the big killer for me. I can't work in it for long. I've had heat exhaustion a few times. I do like the others have said, start early and skip the middle of the day then finish late evening. Getting old ain't easy but I'm here til I die so I refuse to let it stop me from enjoying life. I'm just enjoying it at a slower pace. Nothing wrong with that!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I had a boss that used to say that getting old is not sissies! I'm starting to believe!

Comment

40...back issues, heartburn, allergies/asthma all started within 2 months of my 40th

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

55 is when the little aches and pains hit me. Try to work out and lift as I've always done, fight through it and thankful I'm here.

Comment

All in your mind? Bull****.

I'm in pretty good health. I've got a lot of stuff that hurts, but I earned that. I worked my *** off from age 5 until about 35, and partied my *** off from 18-30whatever. I knew it was gonna hurt later, and it does, but I can still do it....just not as often. I laugh at people who go work out all the time...seems to me you only got so many "reps" in ya, and I aint wasting them moving iron around a room for no **** reason.

The guys I coach baseball with are all quite a bit younger than me, we got into a competition hitting off the machine in the cage the other day and I beat their asses. They whined a little, so I turned around and did it left handed. I can still out work most my age, but there are times my back says "no mas", and the heat is a problem.

What really drives me nuts is not being able to sleep worth a ****. Not because of the pain, or anything really...I just don't sleep worth a **** so I'm tired all the time. I think I'm gonna downgrade my CDL so I'm not subject to randoms, and fix that situation. A sleep test was recommended last year, but I never made time to do it.

Comment

I’m 25 and can’t imagine how you older guys feel lol. I walk concrete several miles a day running molds to cure tires. Lifting and moving close to 2,000 tires a day in temps in excess of 100 degrees. The pain doesn’t kick in until I stop and get comfortable. But it’s rough.

Comment

I have read all the comments and must be the only person that sleeps worth a ****. I sleep great pretty much every night and take a good nap daily. [emoji2371]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                      Around 50 was when it hit me hard. I couldnt do half the physical stuff I used to do. I am 59 and now mentally I don't want to do the other half of what I used ta could do.
                      All you 30 somethins got a long way to go.
                      Very well worded sir, I laughed pretty hard.

I'm 42, and I feel like I'm in my prime....like I peaked. I do get really hot now if working mid day but still do things by myself sometimes that I shouldn't do. Got some aches and lower back pain....but you've got to push through and keep going....you stop and things go downhill quick.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

This man has it figured out.

Comment

44 and still feel really good. Throw a baseball weekly with my son and run 3-5 miles and lift weights daily.

Comment

I made the mistake of discovering motocross as a kid. I'm 38 and have felt old for 10 years. Also partied hardddd until about 30.

Started making some changes this year to keep up with my kids and feeling younger lately however.

Comment

Ambien.....tried most things and this is all that works on those nights.

Comment

If you have amazon prime, give this documentary a go- (fur trapper show- Trapper Jake)

He was doing his thing right up until his end.
                                Last edited by DaveC; 07-29-2020, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X