AC or Fans in deer blind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    I got a Milwaukee M18 fan after seeing several folks on here say they use the Dewalts and Ryobis that are similar....

I’m going to try mine this year . Use the heck out mine while working on stuff .

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
      America has gotten soft
      Yep. Hunt out of a tree stand, and nature will keep you cool. I always hated hunting from a box.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoytbowhunter View Post
        I got these at Academy I believe, both run off D batteries. Last quite a while. and quiet. Ones in a maverick blind other ones in a tank blind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        +1

Comment

Originally posted by planomustang View Post
          Yep. Hunt out of a tree stand, and nature will keep you cool. I always hated hunting from a box.
          That krivoman is sure nice in a rain or windy and cold though.
          I put mine in the afternoon shade. Really helps.

Comment

Originally posted by planomustang View Post

Not many trees to hunt out if in Deep South Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by Anythinghunter8 View Post
              open windows and just hunt lol i have never heard of a fan in a deer blind. Now a heater yes

You new to hunting? People have been using D powered or 12V powered fans/cooler combos for years. I can remember the Coleman D powered fans as far back as 2008 ish. 12vs before that. We bowhunt out of boxes with one shooting window open to try to help contain some scent (albeit not 100% successful) and keep it dark inside. There is no “open windows and just hunt”. It’s “open a shooting window and hunt” for us. .....and in October with no breeze to flow through, you try to make your own in the box. Now when I hunted with a rifle way back when, sure.. open up the windows and let the wind blows from 100-150 yards away.... no fan needed.

Comment

Originally posted by txheartshot View Post

Nope or west Texas.. I like it when folks cookie cutter the way to hunt and what everybody should be doing using their own area as the baseline.

Comment

If you have to have A/C or a fan to go hunting, you should just go to the grocery store. Some people, have completely lost the whole hunting thing.

Comment

AC or Fans in deer blind?

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                    If you have to have A/C or a fan to go hunting, you should just go to the grocery store. Some people, have completely lost the whole hunting thing.

Come on man...That’s horse****... but a heater in a blind is ok? I’d rather be cold without a heater than sweating my *** off hallucinating in a box....[emoji23]

There is no have to have but some added conveniences/comforts are nice if you can swing it. The more comfortable you are the longer you stay in the stand.... next you are going to tell me to outlaw cushions on a seat because Fred Bear used a 2x6.
                    Last edited by Smart; 07-29-2020, 07:25 AM.

Comment

That is pretty cool but I made mine for a lot cheaper than that.

Comment

Originally posted by txheartshot View Post

Actually most of south Texas is covered with trees, unless it's pasture land, or over near Eagle Pass, where you have nothing but scrub brush, cactus and rocks. Yes, most likely you are not going to find a mesquite to put a tree stand in, that you buy from a store. Man guys over the years have nailed boards to mesquite trees to make something they can sit on to get off the ground. Then there are many thousands of acres of south Texas that is mostly live oaks. Again you are not going to put a common store bought tree stand in one of those, but building your own blind in the right tree can work very well in a good sized live oak.

I have hunted all types of ways, never hunted from a store bought tree stand that was intended for a tree such as a pine tree. But I have also never hunted in a area, where I could have used such a stand. But I have never needed a A/C unit or a fan either. I grew up in south Texas hunting for many years. There was one year, in the early 80s, down around Free, it was so hot and dry. That by October, that most of the leaves had fallen off of the mesquite and the prickly pear had started to wilt and turn brown. It was weird, you could see a good ways up into the brush, when normally that time of year, everything was very green. We went hunting, did not see a lot, but we went hunting anyway. We did see deer and hogs, but not as much as we normally would have.

Really, I would have to say again, way too many people have lost touch with what hunting is about.

Comment

here is one i use on a bucket

Comment

a buddy of mine has a window unit in his and just totes his small generator, he also has a tv, sliding glass windows, led lights, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Humper View Post
                              [ATTACH]1012733[/ATTACH]

Dewalt 20 volt fan here.
                              How noisy are the Dewalts?
                              $79.00 on Amazon right now.
                              Last edited by Bayouboy; 07-29-2020, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                                Actually most of south Texas is covered with trees, unless it's pasture land, or over near Eagle Pass, where you have nothing but scrub brush, cactus and rocks. Yes, most likely you are not going to find a mesquite to put a tree stand in, that you buy from a store. Man guys over the years have nailed boards to mesquite trees to make something they can sit on to get off the ground. Then there are many thousands of acres of south Texas that is mostly live oaks. Again you are not going to put a common store bought tree stand in one of those, but building your own blind in the right tree can work very well in a good sized live oak.

I have hunted all types of ways, never hunted from a store bought tree stand that was intended for a tree such as a pine tree. But I have also never hunted in a area, where I could have used such a stand. But I have never needed a A/C unit or a fan either. I grew up in south Texas hunting for many years. There was one year, in the early 80s, down around Free, it was so hot and dry. That by October, that most of the leaves had fallen off of the mesquite and the prickly pear had started to wilt and turn brown. It was weird, you could see a good ways up into the brush, when normally that time of year, everything was very green. We went hunting, did not see a lot, but we went hunting anyway. We did see deer and hogs, but not as much as we normally would have.

Really, I would have to say again, way too many people have lost touch with what hunting is about.

So your argument to his “there are not many trees to hunt out of in South Texas” is not for store bought stands? And you gotta build something out of 2x4s to do it? So building a blind in a mesquite tree out of 2x4s even if you stick out like a sore thumb makes you more in touch with hunting versus somebody that uses a store bought stand or hunts in a box/Krivoman stand or a popup? Really?

Also a South Texas boy here born and raised from the mid-late 70s and have hunted all over with my dad and brothers. And yes we made stands from 2x4s back in the day or throwing up a real wooden ladder in a mesquite flat and sat on the top rung when we had to but you stood out like a sore thumb. Then along came tripods and you stood out like a sore thumb still just with more mobility. Boxes and pop ups allowed us better cover, better ability to put a stand where you want and not where a single tree dictates and I don’t have to climb trees anymore. Hunt smarter not harder...

Comment

Working...
                                X