How do I get rid of flies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I get rid of flies?

So I have had stupid amount of flies lately on my back porch I have put up those bag traps and sticky traps though they have caught many flies it seems like more just keep coming and coming. Is there any way to get these things outta here other than what I’m doing?

Off foggers don’t do anything either.

Thanks in advance,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Figure out what's attracting the flies?

Comment

Originally posted by Hooverfb View Post
      Figure out what's attracting the flies?

Thought it was a trash can out there but there but sprayed it down and cleaned it. Still coming. We do have a dumpster in our alley

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Fly swatter

Comment

Fog it with permethrin

Comment

That Yellow Malrin stuff will kill flies but it will also kill anything else that gets into it

Comment

Get rid of the bag traps. They just attract more flies.

Comment

Uses ordinary, non-toxic table salt to blast pest insects. No batteries required. Excellent for: houseflies, mosquitos, spiders, roaches, lanternflies, cabbage worms, earwigs, and moths. For use by responsible people only. Do not blast salt at pets, butterflies, or humans. Includes a limited 2-year warranty.

Have a blast using this but I will warn ya- it’s highly addictive:-)

Comment

Big hatch just happen, put up some (Rolls Sticky Fly Paper Eliminate Flies) it will be over in a few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
                    https://www.bugasalt.com/products/bug-a-salt-yellow-3-0

Have a blast using this but I will warn ya- it’s highly addictive:-)
                    I was gonna say this. you’ll shoot about 20 and wonder if the rest flew off. It seems to me that there’s not as many flies as you think. Just the same handful bugging you. Then 20 more will be back the next day and you’ll be hip shooting them, then seeing if you can hit them mid flight.

Comment

Clear zip lock bags filled with water. Some folks put pennies in the bag too.

Comment

If the problem is so bad that can’t even enjoy your yard, I say quit messing around and call a professional.

We back up to a green belt with a creek running through it. The mosquitoes were relentless but when they finally found their way into our bedroom at night, that was it. We called ABC Pest Control and ate now on an annual plan fir mosquito control. Best money we ever spent.

I am a strong advocate of hiring a professional to do a professional job.

Comment

Fly Predators

I used these around my kennels and yard. https://spalding-labs.com/

Comment

Believe it or not, it may be the color of the paint on your house. We went to a darker color and that eliminated a lot of the flies. A garden sprayer or hose end sprayer and some permethrin will put an end to them in a hurry. There is enough residual that you can spray once and probably be done until the next big hatch.

Comment

Golden malrin

Comment

Working...
                              X