PSA Credit Card scam!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSA Credit Card scam!

I have received 12 calls and 11 voice mails from this number 866-535-9492 since last Saturday. I do not answer any number that I do not know!

They say this is not a sales call but a statement concerning my Citi Card account. It also gives you a web site to log into. www.citycards.com

Be aware, when you log into this, the web page comes up in GERMAN! After further investigations, others have found the same thing!

PURE SCAM!

Thank for the heads up. I was just curious of the translation so I posted it.

CityCards ist das - bei Weitem - größte System für Werbung auf Gratispostkarten in Deutschland.
    Diese Werbeform unterscheidet sich in vielerlei Hinsicht von den „klassischen“ Medien:
    Gratispostkarten erreichen die besonders umkämpfte Zielgruppe der aktiven und kaufkräftigen
    jungen Menschen in deren Freizeit. Anders als viele andere Werbeformen, stellen sie keine
    „Unterbrechung“ dar, sondern werden aus eigenem Antrieb entnommen und genießen daher
    hervorragende Sympathiewerte. Weil die handlichen Postkarten mitgenommen werden, bringen
    sie das beworbene Angebot zudem immer wieder in Erinnerung.
    Durch die regionale Präsenz der CityCards-Partner befinden sich die Karten-Displays stets in
    den „angesagten Locations“ - derzeit mehr als 7000 in über 95 Städten! Den größten Teil macht hierbei
    die In-Gastronomie aus; aber auch in vielen kulturellen Einrichtungen werden Sie CityCards finden.

Translation:

CityCards is - by far - the largest system for advertising on free postcards in Germany.
    This form of advertising differs from "classic" media in many ways:
    Free postcards reach the particularly competitive target group of the active and affluent
    young people in their free time. Unlike many other forms of advertising, they don't provide any
    "Interruption", but are taken of their own accord and therefore enjoy
    excellent sympathy ratings. Because the handy postcards are taken with you, bring them
    they also remember the advertised offer again and again.
    Thanks to the regional presence of the CityCards partners, the map displays are always in
    the "hip locations" - currently more than 7000 in over 95 cities! Most of it does this
    the in-gastronomy; But you will also find CityCards in many cultural institutions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
    X