Texas Income Tax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas Income Tax

Anyone here in favor of a state income tax?

For the record, I am.

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post

For the record, I am.

I would not be. I’d prefer higher property tax while I was working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nope, nope, and more nope.

Comment

Just curious - why would you want your income taxed?

Comment

If you want a state tax then go live in a state that has it and then decide

Comment

In for comments. Knowing what my mom made as an Edward Jones rep Burnadell probably makes more than the majority of TBH.

Easy money where his mouth is scenario.

Comment

You don't pay enough taxes already?

Comment

Hell no. I already pay 6.25% on every non food item I buy at the store.

Comment

If other state taxes went away as a result, then maybe.

Comment

For the record, I am.
                    I would have kept that one to myself.

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk

Comment

Heck no to state income tax
                      My sister lives in California, federal and state income tax, $4.75 gallon gas , smog tax , sales tax ,
                      Horrible horrible places to live in those states that have income tax ( name them off)

Comment

No, because it would not translate into a long term reduction in any other tax.

I would be for a constitutional amendment that limited a person to one elected office for one term period. No career politicians, take the word reelection out of the dictionary.

Comment

I think he is saying an income tax rather than property tax.

I’m torn. On one hand, property tax base can be somewhat artificially increased. County may not blatantly increase the tax rate, but rather just increase the value and therefore increase the revenue they collect. At least with income the value is based on what I produce rather than an arbitrary value. And, do you really ever own property if you are required to pay taxes even after the land is paid for? No! You are renting land from “The King”.

On the other hand, income taxes are always a bungled confusing mess....with loopholes that get exploited.

Comment

Because if you lose your job or have a bad year, that property tax bill is still due. If the property tax was lower, you could work a McJob or odd jobs to swing the property taxes and keep your house.
                            Lots of laid off oil folks are going to have sky high property tax bills and no income. Plus very high earners would pay a proportionally fairer share. I can make a million dollars a year and chose to live in a cheap house. A lower earner can only live so cheaply and even renters get the cost passed on to them.
                            Like most things a blend would be healthy like a 3-4% flat tax and lower property taxes. Give a standard deduction for the first 20-30k you earn. It broadens the tax base.
                            For the record I’ve earned and lived in NC which has a flat 5% no deductions etc. and has fairly low property taxes. It was easy for figuring what you owe and when you get older and start to slow down, you aren’t forced to move out of your home as your income decreases in retirement.
                            I mean no tax would be ideal, but that’s not happening.

Comment

For the record, I am.
                              Unless they figure out how to reform this stupid property tax crap I don’t see how it could be any worse.

Comment

Working...
                              X