Bow blind for 4x4 tower platform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow blind for 4x4 tower platform

So I had a 4x4 tower platform and wanted to build a bow blind that would fit it but still allow plenty of room to draw my bow. So this is what I came up with.
    Side view

This is the front of the blind and the door. Under the drip edge is a piano hinge so it swings out and allows ample room to climb in.

This is the back. It is not completed yet. There will be a 12 in deep triangle extending outward for elbow clearance.
    I calculated the shot angles so I can shoot from 10 to 40 yards.

Now I just have to haul it down to the ranch and put it on the tower. Entire thing may weigh 250 pounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great ���� Idea looks good

Comment

Like that alot

Comment

Cool project, nice camo pattern paint. Post up some pics after mounting on the tower platform, good luck.

Comment

I will update when I get it up. Can’t decide which stand area I am going to use it at yet. Hope to get it up first part of July

Comment

Originally posted by gtsticker View Post
            I will update when I get it up. Can’t decide which stand area I am going to use it at yet. Hope to get it up first part of July
            Cool, that camo paint should look real nice wherever you decide.

Comment

I would put a sealed window on the top angle. Even if it is just a 2 inch by 4 inch peek window. When you are in blind you are gonna hate that you can only see down in the pen. You will have to lean way over just to see things coming from further out in front. Should be deadly though. Good work.

Comment

Good idea Mitch I will add it.

Comment

Looks good

Comment

Update pictures of the blind on the tower. Stood it up to bolt the floor onto the tower. Hope to finish the roof and take it to the field next time

Comment

Very nice

Comment

Originally posted by Krivoman View Post
                        I would put a sealed window on the top angle. Even if it is just a 2 inch by 4 inch peek window. When you are in blind you are gonna hate that you can only see down in the pen. You will have to lean way over just to see things coming from further out in front. Should be deadly though. Good work.
                        Don't lean too far!!!!

Comment

Cool idea. How much trouble would it be to add shooting winders on the side walls? If you position them closer to the back wall you could expand your shooting lane about 3 fold

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
                            Cool idea. How much trouble would it be to add shooting winders on the side walls? If you position them closer to the back wall you could expand your shooting lane about 3 fold

Would not be able to draw and shoot out of the side not enough room.

Comment

Glad to see the finished product, and glad the coroplast worked out for you. What paint did you use and does it adhere good?

Comment

Working...
                              X