No announcement yet.

Permit-less carry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks government for allowing me to exercise my 2A rights...

Comment

Please be sure to study up on the changes in the law. If I’m not mistaken, the law doesn’t take effect until September 1st. There are places a person with an LTC can carry that an unlicensed person cannot. There are some changes to signage and notifications of establishments that don’t want concealed carry on their premises.

Here’s a summary.

Comment

I'm not anti America or Anti Amendments you morons!!! LOL!!!

There's going to be some idiots who are clueless and don't know any of the laws and signs to look for and how to react in different situations and only carrying to be cool and because the can, but have no business carrying a weapon starting September and they will be carrying legally this time...

I've seen some TOTAL YAHOOS who barely spoke English in CHL classes and heard their crazy and scary answers when asked what they would do in case of an incident where they had to defend their and their loved ones lives and by the end of the class they were a little more informed compared to the beginning of the class.

I'm not saying those classes cover everything and "Educate" everyone who completes them, but it helped them understand why they should carry and what they should carry and what signs and places to stay away from and every little bit helps.

I'm still going to conceal carry and I'm still going to renew my carry permit.

God Bless Texas.

Ali

Comment

Originally posted by Beleg View Post
          Please be sure to study up on the changes in the law. If I’m not mistaken, the law doesn’t take effect until September 1st. There are places a person with an LTC can carry that an unlicensed person cannot. There are some changes to signage and notifications of establishments that don’t want concealed carry on their premises.

Here’s a summary.
          https://cdn.brandfolder.io/5Z10RK5F/...Pg-Digital.pdf
          How would they know?

Comment

Originally posted by ATI View Post
            I'm not anti America or Anti Amendments you morons!!! LOL!!!

There's going to be some idiots who are clueless and don't know any of the laws and signs to look for and how to react in different situations and only carrying to be cool and because the can, but have no business carrying a weapon starting September and they will be carrying legally this time...

I've seen some TOTAL YAHOOS who barely spoke English in CHL classes and heard their crazy and scary answers when asked what they would do in case of an incident where they had to defend their and their loved ones lives and by the end of the class they were a little more informed compared to the beginning of the class.

I'm not saying those classes cover everything and "Educate" everyone who completes them, but it helped them understand why they should carry and what they should carry and what signs and places to stay away from and every little bit helps.

I'm still going to conceal carry and I'm still going to renew my carry permit.

God Bless Texas.

Ali
            Again...where are all the locos from the other states that passed CC to proof out your case study of the impending doom now doomed to Texas?? The same concerns you now fret over happened when they passed open carry & tbh was frazzled by a handful of anti open carry zealots with the SAME EXACT panic of society going down the toilet. NONE of them have come back to say open carry was a non-issue. NONE!!

Seriously, just stop worrying about CC being evil...you will see in time it's really a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
              Again...where are all the locos from the other states that passed CC to proof out your case study of the impending doom now doomed to Texas?? The same concerns you now fret over happened when they passed open carry & tbh was frazzled by a handful of anti open carry zealots with the SAME EXACT panic of society going down the toilet. NONE of them have come back to say open carry was a non-issue. NONE!!

Seriously, just stop worrying about CC being evil...you will see in time it's really a good thing.
              I'm not against it, I'm just hoping it's not as simple as Xiao Chung Fu and Ramesh Arbangalataratbuptarmatani can just buy a pistol and start carrying and trying to use it while not knowing how to handle and shoot a firearm and what places a weapon is allowed and what places to stay away from. Right now I know for fact a lot of people are afraid to carry because they're afraid of consequences, but once it's legal.....
              Back in the day, carrying was the life style and people were more familiar, now a days MFrs are not as educated and may hurt themselves and people around them because they don't know better...

If other states have done this and NOTHING has happened, then I'm worrying about nothing, but I can just see dudes acting a fool and ruining their and other people's lives for ever.
              Last edited by ATI; 06-18-2021, 08:12 PM.

Comment

I'm sure there are other threads about this, but how does everyone feel about this?

I know it's constitutional and everyone's right, but is it really "Everyone's" right? until they go Cray Cray because their girl friend cheated on them and start seeking revenge n public???

I don't know a lot of details, but the idea of ANYONE who wants, (crazy or not) be able to carry does not suit well with me,,,

not to mention as a Permit holder, we're always recognized as "good citizen" with no background issues, specially when the LEO realize that....
                All this legislation did for me is make me "legal."

And calm down, this new legislation is completely incapable of making anyone "cray cray."

Not to mention, your scared arse being a "permit holder" doesn't make you a "good citizen," let alone differentiate you from any other free man.

It's all gonna be just fine.

Comment

God Bless Texas
                  Best buy more guns, more anmo, and get some training.
                  Not only am i an Electrical contractor, farmer, outfitter,.. i am also part of an armed security team.. have been thru several training classes including 300rnd days of pistol training which ends with a 25 rnd qualification course. Also taking personal defense control technique class.

l-r, Beretta 92fs, H&K p30sk, Sig p365sas, Sig p320rxp with Romeo pro, and my Glock p30sf with a Lone Wolf ported barrel.
                  The H&K is my preferred edc.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Nice shooting, Brian, but, what.... no head shot? Not even a groin shot?
                    Just kidding...

I wish the government would regulate voting and driver's license as much as they do firearms. Both those other areas can do more damage than a crazy dude with a gun ever could.

Comment

Right now I know for fact a lot of people are afraid to carry because they're afraid of consequences, but once it's legal.....
                      I'm not following?? If one wants to carry they either are currently doing so illegally or got their ltc. How does cc relieve fear?? Are you saying these folks are afraid of a citation for unlawful carry & then after Spt 1st will have a chip on their shoulder & go crazy?? It's kinda illogical to think one is fearful of a citation but then cc makes them into an irrational psychopath with an itchy trigger finger.

Regardless, Once you pull the trigger the process starts & doesn't matter if you have your ltc or cc...why would consequences be different?? A citation for carrying sans ltc in the event of a legit self shooting defense is the least of one's worries. The drama that follows is going to be the same regardless. I honestly feel you are overthinking the whole issue.

I promise no massive shoot'm up cowboy headlines are on the horizon...AGAIN, where are the tbh anti open carry folks who said texas was doomed?? There were a dozen of these same threads like this where it was the end of civility with the passage & none have come back to say they were completely wrong.

Comment

Is it open carry or conceal?

Comment

Personally I believe their are many folks who can legally own and carry a gun that shouldn't be allowed to.
                          That said those types of personal opinion and bias are what drives the agendas to strip us of our constitutional rights.
                          Those opinions have no place in making laws against those rights. The agenda of those who would manipulate those opinions and fears has been made clear.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                            I'm not following?? If one wants to carry they either are currently doing so illegally or got their ltc. How does cc relieve fear?? Are you saying these folks are afraid of a citation for unlawful carry & then after Spt 1st will have a chip on their shoulder & go crazy?? It's kinda illogical to think one is fearful of a citation but then cc makes them into an irrational psychopath with an itchy trigger finger.

Regardless, Once you pull the trigger the process starts & doesn't matter if you have your ltc or cc...why would consequences be different?? A citation for carrying sans ltc in the event of a legit self shooting defense is the least of one's worries. The drama that follows is going to be the same regardless. I honestly feel you are overthinking the whole issue.

I promise no massive shoot'm up cowboy headlines are on the horizon...AGAIN, where are the tbh anti open carry folks who said texas was doomed?? There were a dozen of these same threads like this where it was the end of civility with the passage & none have come back to say they were completely wrong.
                            I’m sure there are consequences for carrying without an LTC. Pretty sure that’s what he’s saying. People are afraid to carry without an LTC due to the consequences if they get caught.

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                              Is it open carry or conceal?

Your choice, as it should be.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I would hope that all people wanting to carry would at a minimum have at least SOME type of proficiency with a gun
                                and not just from watching John Wick.

Comment

Working...
                                X