No announcement yet.

How do I get rid of flies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My hound figured out how to open the back door but hasn’t figured out how to shut it behind her.

Flies are a problem in the house.
    We just upgraded to the newer, more powerful bug assault gun.
    It’s addictive.
    My boys earn .25 cents for every dead fly they show me.

Now, they’re not only killing them, they’re cleaning them up.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
      That Yellow Malrin stuff will kill flies but it will also kill anything else that gets into it
      No doubt

Comment

the feed store in town has a thing called Dairy bomb it s spray and it does wonders on the flies

Comment

I'm gonna give this a try...

Comment

Quickbait granules sprinkled around the perimeter of the house, but it'll be about three weeks before you see results, and then you'll have to reapply every 3-4 weeks. And it's not cheap, for as much as it'll take to see results, but it does work. In the meantime you can spray Pyrhana around your exterior doors when you know you'll be going in/out. Also not cheap, and it only works for a couple hours. Spend a decent amount of money and labor up front and then just maintain. We have broiler houses about 1500 feet from the house and it's a battle, but it can be pretty manageable.

Comment

All kiddin aside I used some type of spray for my back porch but that was years ago. Can’t remember the name of it but it worked for a couple of days. If nothing else use some fly tape. It works well but you gotta change em out cause rotting flies start to stink.

Comment

[ATTACH]1052159[/ATTACH]

Comment

Been using this for the last two years right after the spring rains and it has helped.

Cutter Backyard Bug Control 32 oz Ready-to-Spray Hose End Insect Repellent Concentrate HG-61067

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Need bigger pictures!

Comment

Raid flying insect killer!!!!

Comment

My friends have an equestrian center and flies are always a problem. They use the bag traps, but say the Stabar jug traps (Captivator or Terminator) are the best out there. This is what the use to spray everything with, and you can probably find it at TSC or the local nursery. Amazon for orders!
                            Attached Files

Comment

We have been looking for a way to get rid of the flies around our place. What I noticed, when I was building the deck, was there was always a lot of flies on the treated lumber when it was stacked. Then as I got it built, we had lots of flies on the lumber that made up the deck. I have concluded whatever they soaked the lumber in, attracts flies. If this rain will ever stop long enough for the lumber to completely dry out, we have some sealer and stain for the deck. On the front side of the house or anywhere away from the deck or green house, we really have very few flies.

I am hoping sealing and staining the deck will help a good bit, but afraid, it's not going to help as much as I would like.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post

After 48 hours...gross but working well. Lot less in the backyard & gonna get one to put next to the garbage cans.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X