No announcement yet.

Lumber Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We sell to OSB and sawmills. They have been having a great run but there is still an over supply of raw material such that we stay on quota most of the time. None of the big money has trickled down. Half of the sawmill capacity has been lost in the last 20 years also.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowthreat View Post
      Lumber has sky rocketed. I'm building a house right now, so it's been quite a process.

When my builder estimated the build back in the first of the year, the cost of 3/8 OSB was 7.25 a sheet. It was 16.50 a sheet as of a week ago. Crazy.
      I feel better about only paying around $10-$12/sheet now. We were originally quoted $6.

Comment

creating trillion of new dollars has to play a role in the increase imo.

Comment

Yep, glad we finished our build last year. Wanted to put in a fence but that is on hold until prices come down at least 30%.

Money printing, record low interest rates, sick workers, and tons of people trying to move out of the urban areas = record high prices.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

I built a 40 x 12 deck and porch early on during the rona situation. I got all the lumber delivered at once. I went back a week later for a few things I was short on and it had went up 15% in a week. One of the few times I have ever timed something out correctly.

Comment

We will be building two years from right now. Hopefully Trump wins in November, and all is well by that time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 7sdad View Post
                Our lumber yard said if he was going to build he would wait until after the 1st of the year but we've already gotten our loan and are about ready to pour our slab. We are getting two other quotes to see if they can beat that price and we'll have to make a decision.
                I am building a house tight now too. I made my builder shop my lumber package, now granted it was 60 days ago. I saved a bunch of money.

Give Fort Worth lumber a call and McKinney lumber, their pricing was the best of everyone.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Puncher51 View Post
                  I feel better about only paying around $10-$12/sheet now. We were originally quoted $6.
                  30 days ago I bought decking for my roof, 400 sheets and I paid $10.72 per sheet out the door from a Lowes.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

My GC buddy did not buy his lumber within the quoted time frame. His increase for a commercial
                    Job went up 16,000. He has no idea what to do. Crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I build here on Lake Fork and lumber is unpredictable right now

Comment

The lumber market has steadily risen over the last 3-4 months, but the last 2 months have been insane. $9by the bundle 2416 SYP #2. Any length 4x4 treated VERY hard to find. Along with most treated. 2x4x and 2x6 all lengths.

Comment

Osb at Lowe’s in lufkin went from $10 a sheet in april to $19 a sheet today

Comment

I paid 20$ a sheet for 7/16 osb today. Forget gold and ammo commodities, trade in osb... paid less than 10$ four months ago...

Comment

Man I didn't want to read this... we were looking at starting a home build after the first of the year. I sure hope things settle down before then.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X