Never a regret

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never a regret

I have never regretted taking my sons with me when I went fishing or hunting or camping. It was work though, packing their stuff, making sure they slept warm and wore appropriate clothing and had plenty to eat. And doing that times 4. Once for each of them and once for my stuff. I remember brushing their hair out of their faces, wiping jelly off their chins. Most of all I remember their young smiles when they were successful——with fish or a squirrel or a deer. I savored the feeling that it just don’t get no better than this, but it does—-get better. They grew to become responsible men, good men...and best friends. And yes, those smiles still light up my world.

Amen

Comment

Big amen. Started taking all mine at 3 years old and have rarely been on a hunt without at least one of them. My youngest just told me he's ready to start hunting in a blind by himself. It is time, and he is ready, but... dang dust in my eyes.

Comment

Well said amigo. It can certainly test your patience, but the smiles say it all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Only thing better is doing it with your grandkids.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterB View Post
            I have never regretted taking my sons with me when I went fishing or hunting or camping. It was work though, packing their stuff, making sure they slept warm and wore appropriate clothing and had plenty to eat. And doing that times 4. Once for each of them and once for my stuff. I remember brushing their hair out of their faces, wiping jelly off their chins. Most of all I remember their young smiles when they were successful——with fish or a squirrel or a deer. I savored the feeling that it just don’t get no better than this, but it does—-get better. They grew to become responsible men, good men...and best friends. And yes, those smiles still light up my world.
            As the son of a father that did these same type things for me, I can assure you that your sons are forever grateful for your investment in their lives.

Comment

Amen!

Originally posted by JayB View Post
              Only thing better is doing it with your grandkids.
              Don’t get any better than this!!

Comment

Amen! in fact, I am taking two of mine for youth weekend tomorrow!

Comment

So much good in a simple post. Thank you for that Mr. B.

Comment

My son will turn 30 next spring. I still love to go into the field with him. Seeing his smile after a good hunt is just the best.

Comment

Riley is my best hunting and fishing partner!!! No regrets

Click image for larger version

Name:	Rattlehorn.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	104.9 KB
ID:	24596342

Name:	opening1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	24596343

Name:	ry.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	24596344

Name:	riley13.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	112.2 KB
ID:	24596345

Comment

As a mom and a nana, I agree totally! Now we take the grandkids with us!

Comment

I went crappie fishing with dad on Saturday. I'm 37, he is 67. We pulled up to a tree and I pulled about 4 fish off in few minutes. I said, "get your pole out and get up here and fish!"

He said he was having just as much fun watching me fish. I even had a fish break my line - he immediately handed me another rod and said, "i'll re-tie yours".

Trying to do my 2 girls the same way....

thanks for posting.

Comment

I'm breaking my son out of school in an hour to head out to the lease to meet my dad. I'm really looking forward to this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterB View Post
                              Wonderful.....[emoji106]

Me too....[emoji6]

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X