Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fence line etiquette

LOL. Get your stand off “my fence”.

I’d set up multiple trail cameras and bait the guy to trespass again.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
      That’s their problem if it bothers them. Simple conversation with neighbors is all that is needed.

I posted my reasoning before and I will post it again. I’d rather a blind and feeder be on a fence then set up further in. Hunters will hunt into their property rather than outwards. I have one neighbor that set a blind 80-100 yds off the fence line. I had an issue with it and brought it to his attention next time I saw him. My bow setup is 75 yds inside my line. He was hunting pasture land (rifle hunter) facing my direction. I have multiple trees that have taken bullets from them shooting targets and game. Showed him pics, told him I’d rather he set the blind up on our fence that we share and he moved it. Simple as that. No once did he get his panties in a twist like some of you are acting here. I’m not breaking any laws just enjoying the land that I paid for. He however was breaking a law.
      I see your reasons and don't disagree wwith your resolution.

In the OPs situation though, the fence is off limits, obviously with the neighbor (****ty note and feeder tampering) and the landowner (lease contract 100 rule). Its not really up for discussion it seems. So wouldn't the right thing to do is let the landowners work it out and comply with the lease agreement. No GWs, no bickering over what's legal and not, no retribution, no drama????

Comment

Originally posted by camoclad View Post
        I see your reasons and don't disagree wwith your resolution.

In the OPs situation though, the fence is off limits, obviously with the neighbor (****ty note and feeder tampering) and the landowner (lease contract 100 rule). Its not really up for discussion it seems. So wouldn't the right thing to do is let the landowners work it out and comply with the lease agreement. No GWs, no bickering over what's legal and not, no retribution, no drama????
        Yes agree with lease agreement.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
          A lot of you young people have lost all respect . From fishing to hunting . Just because it's legal doesn't make it right. No different than you fishing and catching fish and I come barreling azz in there and cutting you off. Respect you bunch of millennials.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
          A lot of people in general have lost all respect. I'm as aggravated as anyone about this generation, but I come back to, "who raised these jackarses?". Other jackarses is my guess. Lack of respect is pervasive all across the board these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakelover View Post
            Please note he said 60 FEET, not 60 yards. Carry on.
            Ok, I apparently miss read that....makes no difference to me.
            That feeder placement is not a big deal unless the neighbor can make some.sort of argument about safety.

Comment

Trespassing and tampering with private property is WAY too far.
              That's like punching a guy in the face to ask him to move his vehicle from in front of your house.
              Want respect and for your neighbor to take the high road? Do it yourself. Stooping to criminal acts doesn't garner respect-- it just adds fuel to the fire and gives them a pretty good reason to tell you to F off.

Comment

I have a massive ground scrape 20’ off the fence line....going to have to have a talk with the deer next year about moving that.....

Comment

Originally posted by d_e_smith View Post
                  I have a massive ground scrape 20’ off the fence line....going to have to have a talk with the deer next year about moving that.....

Comment

I was on a lease one time and put a tripod next to a high fence looking in to our place. A few days later, the seat was full of bullet holes.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                      I really dont think more than 1 or 2% of HF are installed due to people hunting a fence line.
                      Those fences are tens of thousands or more dollars and more likely they are installed because someone with deep pockets would rather guarentee bigs bucks rather than hunt big bucks
                      go visit the king ranch. they're got more miles of high fence than any other "low fence" ranch in the state for the very reason of people shooting the king's deer.

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
                        go visit the king ranch. they're got more miles of high fence than any other "low fence" ranch in the state for the very reason of people shooting the king's deer.
                        That would be the 1-2% I mentioned

Comment

Lol, you don't want drama but you posted it in this knitting circle?!

Comment

Just get the guy to follow the rules. Then hunt as much as possible, because there is a good chance everyone is going to be asked to leave. Landowners hate drama, and there is always someone else to step in.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                              Red “X” is where blind was. Green dots were his feeders. Blue “X” is where he moved his blind. 2 happy neighbors!

Terrible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by alien_scones View Post
                                We have a hunter on our lease that has a deer feeder about 60 feet away from a property line / fence line. This feeder – well – several feeders over the years – has been in this location for over 6 years.

So today – said hunter found the attached note in the timer motor box, with the battery disconnected from the timer.

So yes we all at the lease are all bees nest hopping mad. The landowner was called and he of course is not happy. It has yet to be determined if he is upset with said hunter or trespassing neighbor. I suspect both.

What is the thought process for someone to cross fence lines, trespass and disable a feeder that is near but not on a fence line?

Does anyone recognize the paper form that the nextdoor.com like request is written on?

Yes we are all hopping mad but I want to think if all parties met at the same campfire and plenty of brews any disagreements could be easily and quickly settled.

I want to think if I was said donkey-hole in question I would have included my cellphone and email address in the note.

Here’s the suspense hook: There might be perp pics coming soon.

Disclosure: I myself had a feeder about 25 feet away from a fence line on the other side of the property - different neighbor/landowner. After reading several fence line etiquette posts here on TBH I eventually moved it away more than 100 yards away. But I’m a new guy still learning.

Also, for you TBH super-sleuths out there that can figure out the area that I’m talking about, just don’t. Please. I would like to keep the drama at a minimum.

update: we will be moving said feeder another 50 yards away from the fence line this weekend.

Good luck with that. LOL. Because we all know people get MORE logical with some suds thrown in. That would likely turn into a richard measuring contest.
                                Last edited by Graysonhogs; 11-27-2019, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X