African safari disaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 160class View Post
    Laramie wasn’t the one there guiding them, they were with another PH in SA, Laramie now lives in Texas.

And I get you owe something, but when you go to talk to the guy to try and discuss it he says I’m gonna get a lawyer right away, you don’t pay then. Laramie wasn’t taking the payment till they got back anyways so why would talking to him while you’re over there change anything? It’s not like they refused to pay over there and leave. They were suppose to pay the bill when they got back and you know what happened once they got back and got in touch with Laramie.
    Read back up. Supposedly Laramie was there in person.

Comment

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
      Read back up. Supposedly Laramie was there in person.
      I must’ve missed that part, even if he was, you’re in a country far away from home with no way of contacting anyone outside of that really, and Laramie has a lot more contacts and ways to make you’re trip h*** and make sure nothing goes right so why try and mess with it then. And even then, Laramie is the one changing prices from the agreed upon prices, so he’s in the wrong. Why would you pay a different price than you agreed and why would you pay right now when the guy is saying he is going to take you to court over it and threatening to keep your animals

Comment

African safari disaster

Please. If you booked a hunt with someone from the US who is standing in front of you in SA and you cant have a civil discussion over accommodations and pricing you shouldnt be there. Hell you shouldn't have booked the hunt in the first place. I've hunted and fished in all parts ofnthe World and have never been scared to ask for something or say something is not to my expectations. I don't blame Cody for not being happy with the lodge. I dont think I would have been either. I also would have said something to Laramie the first chance I got. I dont think they was mich Laramie could do on finding a better place so I would have said let make it work with a discount or throw in a couple of animals. I dont think asking for any if that is getting me killed. Not asking has only ended up in this nightmare.

Hey man you do you but your approach is seldom the productive route. This moron outfitter is clearly unreasonable, runs a shady operation, clearly is not client motivated and is a questionable character at best. You want to pop off 15 hrs by plane South of the states and go rouge then like I said you do you. That’s how really bad situations always start.....they deteriorate.....beyond the point of no return. You have absolutely ZERO leverage on the Dark Continent. I know, I’ve been, a few times. But hey you do you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 160class View Post
          I must’ve missed that part, even if he was, you’re in a country far away from home with no way of contacting anyone outside of that really, and Laramie has a lot more contacts and ways to make you’re trip h*** and make sure nothing goes right so why try and mess with it then. And even then, Laramie is the one changing prices from the agreed upon prices, so he’s in the wrong. Why would you pay a different price than you agreed and why would you pay right now when the guy is saying he is going to take you to court over it and threatening to keep your animals
          You need to reread the thread. You missing some important info.

Comment

You need to reread the thread. You missing some important info.
            What else am I missing? Just that Laramie was there?

What else have I been wrong about?

Comment

Laramie is a town in Wyoming. LAMMIE is the name of the PH......just sayin

Comment

Guys just to clarify, Lammie was in SA for a couple days when we were there. From my understanding he was about an hour away on a different property, not once did he stop by and check in on us or see how we were doing. Not a call, not a text... not that I could have received it anyways because he lied about the WIFI, but still. If I had Clients fly 1/2 way around the world and I was just an hour away you best believe I would make an appearance in camp to see how everything was going. I knew Lammie couldn’t and wouldn’t be able to fix the situation, had I brought it up in SA he would have handled it the exact same way he did when I got back to the states. All it would have done is ruin our trip and make things awkward for the PH. Believe me, I thought about it long and hard and decided to wait to communicate my feelings. Right? Wrong? That’s a matter of opinion I guess and everyone is entitled to their own, but I can tell you this, If everything was on the up and up with the trip I would have never been put into this situation. As far as the money I refuse to bargain with myself. The only price that is acceptable is the price we originally agreed upon in the states. The more time I have to look back and reflect on it the more obvious it becomes.

Comment

Originally posted by CodyWitt View Post
                  Guys just to clarify, Lammie was in SA for a couple days when we were there. From my understanding he was about an hour away on a different property, not once did he stop by and check in on us or see how we were doing. Not a call, not a text... not that I could have received it anyways because he lied about the WIFI, but still. If I had Clients fly 1/2 way around the world and I was just an hour away you best believe I would make an appearance in camp to see how everything was going. I knew Lammie couldn’t and wouldn’t be able to fix the situation, had I brought it up in SA he would have handled it the exact same way he did when I got back to the states. All it would have done is ruin our trip and make things awkward for the PH. Believe me, I thought about it long and hard and decided to wait to communicate my feelings. Right? Wrong? That’s a matter of opinion I guess and everyone is entitled to their own, but I can tell you this, If everything was on the up and up with the trip I would have never been put into this situation. As far as the money I refuse to bargain with myself. The only price that is acceptable is the price we originally agreed upon in the states. The more time I have to look back and reflect on it the more obvious it becomes.
                  I misread along the way then. I thought I read he was with yall for a few days. That changes my viewpoint completely as far as dealing with it over in SA. If you never saw him you never had a chance to discuss it then. My apologies on that misunderstanding.

Comment

I misread along the way then. I thought I read he was with yall for a few days. That changes my viewpoint completely as far as dealing with it over in SA. If you never saw him you never had a chance to discuss it then. My apologies on that misunderstanding.
                    One of the hunters in our group saw him one day as he hunted a different ranch than the rest of us did, I however had no contact with him

Comment

Did you ever get this resolved?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

In for the verdict

Comment

Man stories like this make me cringe! I took my daughter to s/a last summer for her high school graduation. I chose to go with a family run hunting operation, it was a little more expensive than some advertised prices. We had the time of our life and a trip we will never forget. Hope you get it sorted out, and thanks for posting for all of us to learn from.

Comment

Originally posted by jaime1982 View Post
                            What if the meal had a (money back guarantee)?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
                            "It says 100% guaranteed you moron!"

"Mr., if you don't shut up I'm going to kick 100% of your *****!"

OP, sorry about this situation. You have been much more understanding than most would have been. Hope it all gets worked out soon.

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
                              "It says 100% guaranteed you moron!"

"Mr., if you don't shut up I'm going to kick 100% of your *****!"

OP, sorry about this situation. You have been much more understanding than most would have been. Hope it all gets worked out soon.
                              Lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

I would write a check for the amount agreed upon (since owed), contact an attorney and sue him for the full amount. Take the offense

Comment

Working...
                                X