Concrete slab issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Concrete slab issue

Our house is nearing completion and looks great, but I have an issue with the slab. When they poured our slab, the mold boards didn't come all the way to the ground. So the concrete oozed out from under them and made this big ledge going all the way around the house. Some places stick out just a few inches, others stick out over a foot and a foot thick. It's ugly as heck. Is there a fix for this? I'm afraid if we sledgehammered it we might crack the actual side wall of the foundation.

Concrete saw?

Comment

Will the dirt backfill cover it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by skiguy327 View Post
        Will the dirt backfill cover it?
        I don't think there will be any. This is rural, pretty rocky.

Comment

Tell your contractor to cut it. He should be able to do it with a quickly saw and a jack hammer. Then rub out the wall for a smooth finish.

Comment

This isnt really that bad. Gonna take some labor but just get some good dirt and cover it up. Figure your slab is at least 6" deep, if not more, and I dont figure you want that much showing around the house anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by morris_mat View Post
              Tell your contractor to cut it. He should be able to do it with a quickly saw and a jack hammer. Then rub out the wall for a smooth finish.
              X2.

Comment

Originally posted by texan16 View Post
                This isnt really that bad. Gonna take some labor but just get some good dirt and cover it up. Figure your slab is at least 6" deep, if not more, and I dont figure you want that much showing around the house anyway.
                This

Comment

The concrete guy can either cut it off, or chip it off with a chipping hammer. Then dress it up. It's work, but it can be resolved with proper tools and effort.

Comment

How many boards high were the forms. Most house slabs are at least 2 2x6s high. We always back filled until about 4 inches of slab was showing..

Comment

First thing I would check is the backfill question. If there won’t be any than the next option is concrete saw/rotary hammer. I’m sure they plan to plaster the edge of the slab for a finished look.

Comment

The house is built on a sideways slope, so the slab goes from 2 feet to 6 feet high. They did send a guy out to spread plaster on it, and it looks pretty nice, down to about a foot off the ground, then those globs start. I'm waiting to see what he'll say about it, it's not acceptable the way it is. May take some pics tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruark View Post
                          The house is built on a sideways slope, so the slab goes from 2 feet to 6 feet high. They did send a guy out to spread plaster on it, and it looks pretty nice, down to about a foot off the ground, then those globs start. I'm waiting to see what he'll say about it, it's not acceptable the way it is. May take some pics tomorrow.
                          He did it wrong. Tell him you want him to chip it down and rub it out. There isn’t any rebar in so they just need a chipping hammer and then hit it with a brick.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                            He did it wrong. Tell him you want him to chip it down and rub it out. There isn’t any rebar in so they just need a chipping hammer and then hit it with a brick.
                            Sounds like they needed more for material for sure. I agree he needs to fix it..

Comment

Working...
                            X