X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bump for a good cause!
    God bless them all.

Comment

Good cause but keep in mind causation v correlation. The majority of these guys in the “22” are 50 plus years of age so not from recent wars. They are people who kill themselves and happen to be veterans. They are not killing themselves because they are veterans. Bad stigma.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My original OP was not an effort to generate a discussion, respect your statement Froggy. Just breaks my heart to see those who gave so much not getting help!

Like I stated, sharing for two very special guys in my life...If we can save even ONE, it's more than worth the effort!

I'm going to update this OP to "keep it in front" just to do this....Save those we can!! Thanks for your service.....

Comment

I concur with MilMan. I spent 36 years in the Army. We ALL have some sort of post-traumatic stress; to NOT have it would render one a sociopath. The issue is NOT to let it get to be a disorder. If it affects your life, your family, your loved ones.....get help. keep the fight going. There's no shame nor dishonor in getting help - it's just like fresher training on the latest commo gear; or, trauma care before you go downrange.

Look out for each other; have each other's back. The war(s) are still killing our troops, long after they get back; they just don't know it.

OP - don't get disparaged by lack of response. The general public just doesn't care. So long as they can eat to excess, get their bennies and freebies, and watch the Kardashians every night, they simply don't care.

Comment

Originally posted by JimPat View Post
            I concur with MilMan. I spent 36 years in the Army. We ALL have some sort of post-traumatic stress; to NOT have it would render one a sociopath. The issue is NOT to let it get to be a disorder. If it affects your life, your family, your loved ones.....get help. keep the fight going. There's no shame nor dishonor in getting help - it's just like fresher training on the latest commo gear; or, trauma care before you go downrange.

Look out for each other; have each other's back. The war(s) are still killing our troops, long after they get back; they just don't know it.

OP - don't get disparaged by lack of response. The general public just doesn't care. So long as they can eat to excess, get their bennies and freebies, and watch the Kardashians every night, they simply don't care.
            Thanks for your service....I agree....unless some are connected in some way, it's just a distant thought so why care?

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
                Ttt
                Well done. The least we can do is keep this up top.

Comment

ttt

Comment

The Vet centers, Chris Kyle Veterans Center, Steven A. Cohen Military Family Clinic and Military Veteran Peer Network are all great places to start.

If any of you need other resources or just another combat vet to chat with drop me a PM.

Comment

ttt...I promised to keep this going...

I'm renaming this OP....

S-Save
                      A-A
                      V-Veteran
                      E-Every-Day

SAVE is the word!

Comment

Is this a correct number? I’m not trying to say people don’t need help, etc, but that number comes out to 8,030 veterans committing suicide a year. 80,300 over a decade. Is this an accurate number is all I’m asking.

Comment

Originally posted by jsctx84 View Post
                          Is this a correct number? I’m not trying to say people don’t need help, etc, but that number comes out to 8,030 veterans committing suicide a year. 80,300 over a decade. Is this an accurate number is all I’m asking.
                          Just to verify....I just called the number again and it's legit. I did NOT get the message you referred to, but after several minutes holding I was connected. I told them I was just checking out the validity once more.

Kuma....and I appreciate your questioning the validity of this contact.

Comment

I went thru a 3 week in paitient program on ft hood, helped out alot. Just wish more would ask for help

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech38 View Post
                              I went thru a 3 week in paitient program on ft hood, helped out alot. Just wish more would ask for help
                              Good for you Brother...keep the faith and March On! There are MANY of us who have your six! Love you all.....just my thing to support and help as many as possible!! I've told my Army son and Marine/Veteran what I am trying to do to let all know....believe me, and I know you do....Very special to both these guys.

I still say/post....SO many that need our support, love and help.....

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
                                ttt...I promised to keep this going...

I'm renaming this OP....

S-Save
                                A-A
                                V-Veteran
                                E-Every-Day

SAVE is the word!
                                This is a great thread. I had messaged the moderators for permission to post information about 22kill.com (I am a volunteer for), but have not received the courtesy of a response after a month. These folks are combat vets, and are dealing with those demons. They have peer group meetings, outings and a hotline. I want to encourage anyone military or first responders to check out the 22kill.com website. For those of us that can volunteer at these events or donate, all help is appreciated.
                                Thanks
                                Bert

Comment

Working...
                                X