Crisis/Suicide Contact for Veterans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crisis/Suicide Contact for Veterans

My Army Son & Marine/Veteran buddy of mine asked me to share this contact # to assist Veterans who need a helping hand!

Both have seen extensive combat and have lost Brothers & Sisters to suicide in the past several months.

Our Veterans deserve so much more so pass it on to one in need.....and yes, the caption is from FB but for those who detest this site, it's worth it even if it save's just ONE of our Countries Hero's!

God Bless our Military & Veterans...…Thanks TBH
    Attached Files

Good post

Comment

I think so too...save a life folks!

Comment

Good stuff Kuma. Thanks for posting this. If only one person turns it around because of this thread it is so worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
          Good stuff Kuma. Thanks for posting this. If only one person turns it around because of this thread it is so worth it.
          Hey Buddy....my Army son got back from his latest tour in Iraq this past August. 2 weeks after his unit returned, one of his company soldiers committed suicide. My Marine/Veteran buddy struggles with PTSD and I can always tell when he's close to a melt down.

It just breaks my heart to see our Veterans suffer...

Comment

It’s a great post . I almost lost my wife to suicide last week . She had the gun in her mouth. Only thing that stopped her was seeing a picture of our kids . 2 days later she was on a plane to a treatment facility in Florida.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

God bless them all!

Tears me up....prayers to ALL VETS wrapped around that pain!

Comment

Good post Kuma, I’ve lost 2 of my best friends after they came back. Some of the baddest warriors I’ve ever met and never let anyone know what they were dealing with

Comment

A TBHer passed on 22kill.com
                  Great website and resource for our first responders, soldiers, and veterans.
                  God bless

Comment

Just to reinforce how important this OP was folks!! Take some time to view and pass on to those WARRIORS who protect our Nation, YOUR family and YOU! Yep, TBH is hunting but you CAN'T HUNT without the freedom our Military and Veterans provide!

Comment

My mom works for the VA in suicide prevention and counseling with the vet center in Lubbock.

Most important is for friends and family to be mindful and watch for signs. To make sure they seek help

Comment

There is also 22kill.com which is run by a group of people that are beating the odds every day. There are also volunteer opportunities for those that would like to help at their events

Comment

Originally posted by Austin View Post
                          My mom works for the VA in suicide prevention and counseling with the vet center in Lubbock.

Most important is for friends and family to be mindful and watch for signs. To make sure they seek help
                          Your comment is spot on....talked to my Marine/Veteran buddy yesterday as his "signs" are up once more. When I was still working, I could always tell he was "fighting his demons," moody, staying to himself and the drinking was costing him days away from the job. Management put up with him as he was a HELL of a land salesman. He and I clashed BIG time when I first joined the company and neither of us would back down. But, times change and we are great friends now.

I'm really surprised with all the Vets and current military there have not been more responses to my OP? This is a real problem with any who have seen "death close up and NOT just Military." I still struggle time to time from the LEO/Paramedic days, but have great support from my wife and family if I get a "little under."

I guess many on the GS have no idea how this affects so many who serve in any capacity but PLEASE don't forget those who have?

Comment

Great post Kuma!

As retired military it’s sadly a fact that this post is true. After what goes on down range to bring it back and not understand how to shake what’s going on inside. Kuma you’re right, a lot of the GS hasn’t replied, but as an import and now a resident for life of Texas i am sure there’s plenty of support from the GS on this matter. Hence one the the reasons we (my wife was military also) decided to stay in this great state. Texas is by far the state that is so supportive of military and proud of their military men and women. Ive been to a lot of bases in other states and Texas is by far the best state for support. Even when people find out I “used to be” a yankee I get a pass because i was military lol. All jokes aside i have met some truly great people from the GS that would with out a doubt be there if/when i would need them to be.

Again, this is truly a saddening topic that is a daily occurrence and is very taboo to my brothers and sisters as most don’t ever like to discuss it. Thank you GS, for just being what it is great people, from a truly great state, doing very awesome things day in and day out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Being an old Vietnam Vet grunt I find it hard to discuss these matters on an open forum.

I have a family member that is suffering each day. We're just waiting for the phone call.

Prayers for all veterans and first responders.

Comment

Working...
                              X