No announcement yet.

What is up with that?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some might wonder what percentage of deer shot with a rifle get recovered compared to a bow. Honestly it might not be a bigger difference than your average bear may assume.

Comment

I believe some people can shoot and some can’t. I’m not bragging by any means but if I aim a gun I hit where I aim. Same with a bow. I just have that feel. More with a gun than a bow but still. I know people who just don’t have that same feel. But I have a truck gun that’s been thrown around a truck and the dirt and all that and had never lost it’s zero. It’s the same deal with a gun as it is with a bow. People make bad shots on animals with a bow. Just the same as they can make one with a gun

Comment

Think that's just an Okie problem.

We're all crack shots in Texas. Sucks to suck I guess

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
          Think that's just an Okie problem.

We're all crack shots in Texas. Sucks to suck I guess
          You're probably right.LOL Sure seems that way. He told me it sounded like World War 3 opening morning where he was hunting. I asked how many deer he saw people loading up. When he said none I was like....uhhh....Ok???

Goodness gracious......

Comment

Most of the men I hunted with growing up thought sighting in was hitting a beer can on a fence post at "around a hundred yards"....then wondered why they fanned deer left and right.....ticked me off, but, I was 10, 12 years old.....when I got older I always drew sight in duty....had to take all their rifles to the trash dump and dial em in....you name it I shot it....up to 300 Win mag....I'm sure there are plenty of their type still out there....

I've always been a pretty far above average rifle shot....and I've whiffed then killed on the 2nd shot on longish shots....lost 3 bucks, 2 from bad shots
            .. knew it when i pulled the trigger on one of em....it happens.....you hunt long enough and it'll happen to everyone....
            Last edited by Slicefixer; 11-25-2019, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
              You're probably right.LOL Sure seems that way. He told me it sounded like World War 3 opening morning where he was hunting. I asked how many deer he saw people loading up. When he said none I was like....uhhh....Ok???

Goodness gracious......
              Heck Texas has to be the only state you have a forum full of bowhunters that all shoot custom rifles. We're crazy

Comment

Same reason people,me included miss a deer at 25 yds with a bow. Everything is fine until you draw back. But this is why we hunt. It's called "Buck Fever"

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by buzzbait View Post
                  Do you not see that request for tracking dogs? It happens. Less than perfect shot. I watched my boy hit a deer in the arse cause in the last second the deer moved. Holier than thou doesn’t really get the respect you expect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This plus factor in the fever. Some folks get it real bad

Comment

I think it has less to do with equipment and more to do with familiarity with the gun. If you shoot a lot it becomes second nature but...those who rarely shoot can and will "pull the shot" especially when excited or leaning at a weird angle. My wife is a great shot at the range but on animals she gets all freaked out before the shot. I often have to stop her, talk about it and then try again reminded her to focus on one spot and to squeeze the trigger slowly. People who are trigger "yankers" can easily miss a deer by many feet at a hundred yards. A quarter inch or more at the barrel of movement can mean a whole lot downrange.

Comment

I work in a gun shop and I think you all would be amazed at how many people I get in the store ask me to bore sight their rifle and they call that good enough. Makes me sick.

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
                        Well, if you buy quality equipment and have quality ammo, why SHOULD it change from season to season?
                        Not so sure that the equipment changes as much as the shooter changes.

Comment

Practice, practice, practice. Most of us have or will make a bad shot. The more rounds/arrows you shoot the better you’ll be. It drives me nuts watching guys hit a pie plate size group at 20 yards and calling it good. You should be able to hit a gnats *** at 20 yards.

Comment

If a deer doesn't shake me up a bit what's, the point? The day that stops is the day I hang it up. But I'm still gonna punch a hole in him.

Comment

I e been fortunate enough not to miss a deer in a while. But I can tell you I shake enough to miss one. Heck I shake just as much when my daughter shoots one

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                                Do deer really get people that shook up out of their minds that they can't shoot straighter than that?
                                It’s a heck of a thing to stop a beating heart.

Comment

Working...
                                X