Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daughter drops a good one! Real good one.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, my daughter Reese (12 years old) got this big buck yesterday morning with her crossbow.

I got pictures of this deer in front of our house Friday morning.

We haven’t even hunted our place yet this year. We’ve been focusing on our deer lease near Christoval.

Anyway I picked Reese up from school on Friday and showed her the pics. She was excited and ready to go for the morning hunt. She want nearly as excited when the alarm went off Saturday morning. She was a bear to get out of bed but I made her get up and get showered and ready to hunt.

We were settled in the blind by 6:20, she laid her head in my lap and went to sleep. I woke her up at about 7:00 and told her to get in position so she wasn’t making noise when deer started coming in.

The feeder went off at 7:15. We sat for about 20 minutes not seeing anything.

Then one of the fastest hunts I’ve ever experienced happened. I caught movement and it was him coming in from behind a cedar tree. He was walking very confident and walked right out in front of us and stopped about 20 yards out. He was perfectly broadside and I told Reese to shoot. She shouldered the crossbow and made an awesome shot. On the shot the deer ran out in the open towards my house. I watched him get weak on his knees but he got a second wind and ran into the cedars. I was 99% certain he was down just in the cedars but there is always that doubt.

We got out of the blind and went home and put Trigger on the trail. Just as we suspected he was right at the edge of the field.

He’s a beautiful chocolate antlered 8pt. We took pics and took him straight to the processor and taxidermist. Reese has been hunting since she was six but this is by far her biggest buck.

Honestly this hunt happened so fast and perfect neither of us really got buck fever until after the shot. This buck came is so fast, calm, and perfect from the time we laid eyes on him till she had an arrow zipped through him was 100% less than one minute. He came out, stopped, and was perfectly broadside. Simple as that but we will take it and aren’t complaining.

Now it’s time to focus on little sister Ryan getting her first deer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice 8.
    Congrats to Reese.

Comment

That’s awesome. Congratulations!

Comment

Wow, that is awesome
        Waydago little lady

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

That's awesome, congrats!

Comment

Good job

Comment

Congrats heck of a buck

Comment

Gotta love it when a plan comes together! Congrats to her on a dang nice 8!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Congratulations to your young lady. Nice looking 8 pt.

Comment

Congrats! Great buck and ever better memories

Comment

Congratulations young lady!!!!

Comment

Congratulations. Awesome buck!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Great job

Comment

Great deer, congrats to all!

Comment