Ammo gougers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ammo gougers

I was on an ammo hunt today. Drove to hico and got 200 rounds of 9mm for 168.00. Then I called crazy gun dealer in alvarado to see if they had some 40 cal. They wanted 100 bucks for 50 friggin rounds. 168 for 200 I can live with. But 100 bucks for 50 rounds is nuts for fmj ammo

yep I am seeing it all over the internet. $100 for a box of 20 6.5 grendel

Comment

Supply and demand

Comment

Have seen it on here as well. Certainly not illegal, we live in a free market system but I have a tendency to be aware of price gougers at times like this and then I don't support them during normal times.

But, at the end of the day, if you need it, you pay for it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by justindfw View Post
          I was on an ammo hunt today. Drove to hico and got 200 rounds of 9mm for 168.00. Then I called crazy gun dealer in alvarado to see if they had some 40 cal. They wanted 100 bucks for 50 friggin rounds. 168 for 200 I can live with. But 100 bucks for 50 rounds is nuts for fmj ammo
          While $100 for 50 rounds of .40 is nuts, however $168 for 200 9mm is no less nuts. How do you draw the line?

Comment

I don't mind it really, supply and demand. I'm ok with them marking it up so people can't sell it on gunbroker for more money. So at least it is available... I don't want it at $2/shot, but it is available.

Comment

That's why the lines at Academy start at 7am. Regular pricing.

Comment

That's why i've bought in bulk for years. Me and a couple buddies split it up.

Comment

Originally posted by WyoBull View Post
                  Have seen it on here as well. Certainly not illegal, we live in a free market system but I have a tendency to be aware of price gougers at times like this and then I don't support them during normal times.

But, at the end of the day, if you need it, you pay for it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                  There may not be any more "normal times".

You think guns and ammo will be easier to buy under Biden? Just saying.

Comment

I’ll pay extra to avoid fighting the crowd in academy at 7 in the morning.

Comment

I’ll pay extra to avoid fighting the crowd in academy at 7 in the morning.

Comment

Nobody has ever gouged me out of a penny. I'm the one that wanted what they had and willingly handed over the money. That's on me not them.

Comment

Rifle Gear in The Colony had green tip 5.56 today for 12.99 a box, 10 box limit per person. Wife and I bought 20 boxes. They also have handgun ammo for those who use their range- which is why we went- two limit per person. Bought 4 boxes of 380 @ 25.00 per box, only shot one. Have plenty of most other ammo- really needed the 380 for her to practice.

Guessing out of the 5.56 now, it was going pretty quick.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                            Nobody has ever gouged me out of a penny. I'm the one that wanted what they had and willingly handed over the money. That's on me not them.

Comment

Just reload

Comment

Working...
                              X