No announcement yet.

Mini-split install cost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mark Lackey in Brazoria installed mine in my River House on the Sam Bernard. He has with Lackey electric

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
      I bought 2 and had a local A/C company install them. They charged me $350 each for the install. Mine is a metal building also and I had the electrical stubbed up to the outside.
      I need their info. I was quoted $4500!

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
        I need their info. I was quoted $4500!

I can give it to you.

Comment

Originally posted by warrington View Post
          I installed for mini splits, one in a 700 square-foot room, one and a 140Square-foot room. One and a 160 square-foot room. One in a 260 ft.² room. Total price out the door installation was $12,000. If you have the room for duck work I would go with a regular hey see
          Holy hell, you could not use a four unit condenser ? It should have been far less expensive.Only one electrical line also. Not sure what all was involved in your install, but we have done one out door unit with three or four head units ( some times a cassette ) for a bit over half of that. Do you have pictures you could post ?
          Last edited by critter69; 01-27-2021, 08:55 PM.

Comment

$1250 installed on our latest VRBO rental

Comment

It was a four unit system. Not possible for anything but window units or minisplits

Comment

Originally posted by warrington View Post
                It was a four unit system. Not possible for anything but window units or minisplits
                Um, are we talking of different things, I don’t know of a mini split that uses window units ? We install a variety of them and they have wall hanging units, cassette units that mount in the ceiling, and even ducted mini split units. Not sure of what window units you are talking about ? Brand, or pictures would be cool.
                My bad I see window OR mini split now.
                Last edited by critter69; 01-27-2021, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the leads guys. Like I said. It’s just a hole in the metal wall and hooking it up. Electric is there, plywood for the inside unit is there.

Comment

Bumping this back up. I am ready to get this installed. If you know of anyone in Brazoria county that is a certified installer, I’d like their number to get a quote.

Comment

I got a quote for a ducted mini split for my back family room that is always warmer than the rest of the house yesterday…$10k

Comment

Having one installed today 2 tons for 2300 turn key.

Comment

I installed this one from Ingrams 24k BTU 20 SEER MrCool DIY Ductless Heat Pump Split System 3rd Generation - Wall Mounted. Very energy friendly. The jury is out, but as of now it was a great deal and an easy installation.

Comment

If you are fairly handy I would do it yourself. Save yourself a good chunk. I just finished mine a few months ago in my tack room/shop. Not too terrible.

Comment

I have all of the components, I just need it installed. I don’t have a vacuum and gauges to do it myself.

Comment

Originally posted by CWaller30 View Post
                                If you are fairly handy I would do it yourself. Save yourself a good chunk. I just finished mine a few months ago in my tack room/shop. Not too terrible.
                                Did you have a vacuum and gauges to do it??

Comment

Working...
                                X