Tuning issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuning issues

I can not get my bow tuned perfectly. I think I figured out the problem. My center shot is not where it should be. Or so it seems.

I can get my arrows to fly ok with fletched arrows but as soon as I put a bare shaft on, it flys almost sideways. When I shoot my fletched arrows through paper at 20 yards it looks ok. I can even get it to group well. As I move in closer the issue starts to show itself. The biggest problem I have is that at 20 yards I can dial it in perfectly but out at about 60 yards I’m hitting about a foot to the right.

I finally got my bow bare shaft tuned, problem is, the rest is so far to the right and low that my fletched arrows contact the rubber on my riser. I went from a vapor trail, to a QAD and a whisker biscuit. The issue never changes. I’ve tried adding and removing twist on my yoke and the issue does not change. I am thinking about ordering new strings and cables because I do know these are somewhat old. It’s Hoyt Vector Turbo. Anyone have any other ideas?

What brand make of shaft
    Are they spine aligned?
    Did you check for nock pinch?
    Check bow tiller
    Cam timing
    Cam lean just to start for bare shaft tuning

Comment

Put your rest back to recommended center shot. Then yoke tune.If you add a twist on one side remove a twist from the other side. check for vane contact and rest timing before tuning..

Comment

Yep, it is amazing what a little cam lean will do. I had a similar situation on an RX-3 Ultra. I put the rest back in the center and started tuning by adding a twist or two on the right side of yoke. Four turns fixed the problem. That convinced me that from now on I want yokes that attach to the limbs and not to a loop attached to the cam.

Comment

Working...
        X