Mule deer or whitetail?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mule deer or whitetail?

Mule deer in Panhandle with Plaska lodge or Whitetail at West Kerr Ranch? Thinking of going on a hunt next year. I have hunted the West Kerr about 16yrs ago. Shot a really nice 8pt and a Sika. Never been in the Panhandle hunting. Cost is about the same. West Kerr whitetail 130-150" deer. Mule deer has to be 20". If I did Mule deer hunt, option is there for a whitetail. Whitetail must be 135" or better.

What would you choose?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Mule Deer, cause you just don’t get to hunt them as much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

plaska is awesome place and they have access to a lot of property, mule deer aren't as big in the area as other places in Texas but no doubt a good hunt if you could take a whitetail also. T
      thatd be my choice personally

Comment

The West Kerr Ranch offers Texas whitetail deer hunts, as well as Texas exotic game, Axis deer and turkey hunting. We have years of deer management and can provide you with the experience of a lifetime.

Hunting packages. Game preserve. Accommodations. Call to book your hunt today!

Comment

I'd say mule deer just because I've never shot one. Hunted for them a couple times, never saw a deer on the hunt I went on. I passed 165 mule deer in NW OK only to have someone else shoot him the next weekend. I've killed a ton of whitetails, so easy choice for me. GOod luck!

Comment

Used to hunt up by Clarendon. Love that panhandle country. That’s what I would pick. There are some really nice whitetails up that way too.

Comment

Originally posted by Target-panic View Post
              Mule Deer, cause you just don’t get to hunt them as much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              This

Comment

Muleys gets my vote, whitetails are a dime a dozen!

Comment

MD! I’m a mule deer nut myself and try to to squeeze in a hunt every year for them. Very different than whitetail hunting which is a nice change of pace being as WT dominate our hunting in Texas. Plus I find something about glassing up a buck and putting a successful stalk on one a magical thing that not a lot of people get to experience throughout their hunting lives. Another plus is more meat yield from a mature MD.

Comment

Md

Comment

Yea, leaning towards the Mule deer with option of nice whitetail if shot presents itself. Be a long 12mos, lol

Comment

Mule deer forsure. And if you have the option to shoot a whitetail you saw and liked would be even better if the mule deer didn’t work out

Comment

Whitetail and Sika from West Kerr Ranch

Comment

Easy choice, mule deer. Open range panhandle hunting over fenced whitetails all day long.

Comment

Mule deer.....no brainer!

Comment

Working...
                              X