Scored a serious deal on tools ...moving sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scored a serious deal on tools ...moving sale

I saw an add on FB marketplace in Magnolia for a tool chest 5 drawer loaded with tools for $200....( I didnt need it but it was a steal) I will be giving them to my son when he moves out...hate passing up a steal
    The guy lived about 1 mile from me, as I get there I pull into an estate on Indigo lake and a 8000 sq ft house on the water.....very nice place listed for
    $1.4 million....with a pending sign on it...

I tell him I am here for the tool cabinet and he said I hope you brought some cash because I have a ton of stuff I am giving away...

When he was giving me prices I said " Are you sure" he said YEP....I am ready to move on....to a 3000 sq ft condo downtown memorial area.....

Long story short
    Stihl chainsaw, cordless pasload framing nailer, finish nailer, dremmel, dewalt air comp, tons of boxed nails, water pump, air hammer, air chisels, milwaukee hammer drill, work bench with vise, 4 cabinets on wheels, bench grinder, staple guns...tons of hand tools, sockets, saws , drill bits....
    All basically brand new....around $7000 retail for $1200....
    Then my wife walks inside with his wife to shop....havent seen her list yet

Right place, right time

Heck yea, that’s always a good day!! My FIL bought a big rolling tool box last year fro ma guy in Seguin that was loaded to the brim with hand tool as and cordless dewalt tools. Spent $300 I believe on it. I bet it has several thousand in tools total in it.

Comment

Nothin like the feeling of getting a good deal at a moving sale. I bought a large egg a few weeks ago for $50 at a moving sale .

Comment

Originally posted by Jnorth View Post
        Nothin like the feeling of getting a good deal at a moving sale. I bought a large egg a few weeks ago for $50 at a moving sale .
        Sold his Lowe 24 foot pontoon boat with 2 hours on it the day before ....
        I didnt even ask how much......

He had his own boat ramp into the lake with a slip....

It was a nice place

Comment

I love getting a steal. I got the biggest pit boss vertical smoker they make with cover and pellets, used twice for $100.

Comment

Man, good score. I just looked up the house to see what kind of 8000' house on any lake goes for 1.4. It was 8K feet of ugly, huh? He did have a nice zebra skin. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
              Man, good score. I just looked up the house to see what kind of 8000' house on any lake goes for 1.4. It was 8K feet of ugly, huh? He did have a nice zebra skin. :-)
              It wasn’t the best looking house from the front.....
              The back facing the lake with the pool and bulkhead looked better...
              It had 2 houses on it actually

Comment

Love finding deals

Sounds like your son has a good start on his collection

Comment

From indigo to memorial?

Nope. Hail naw

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Sweet! I bought a bunch of stuff from that guy last time they had a moving sale there. He was suppose to call me before he had the next one!

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                      From indigo to memorial?

Nope. Hail naw

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                      Agreed! Ain’t no way I’d make that move...now heading north an hour or so? Yeah, I’d do that and make better use of the $1.4 million

Comment

In for pics !

Comment

Some people are just lucky like that, I'm the guy that shows up 30 seconds after you leave
                          Congrats on the deal

Comment

Congrats on finding that gem! I’m with the other guys on that move choice though; that sounds terrible.

Comment

That's a heck of a deal. I had a much smaller haul but similar situation once from a guy in Georgetown who was downsizing into a retirement community. Got a craftsman tool cabinet, compressor, table saw, and hitatchi compound miter saw for $175...and i thought i was proud of myself for that deal

Comment

Working...
                              X