Bonamassa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bonamassa

Going to see Joe Bonamassa tonight in Cheyenne. He's playing the civic center near downtown, only seats 1,500 in theater style seating.
    Should be a good show. Haven't seen him before but enjoy his music.

I have seen SRV, a few times at a local bar in college and on the big stage. Many compare Joe to Stevie's talent but I have my doubts.

45 mile drive means no adult beverages for me though. The trip home between Cheyenne and Laramie could be interesting if the elk and moose decide to play on the highway.

What concerts have you all seen this summer?

Joe is **** good. I wouldn’t say SRV level, but as close as it gets as far as the living are concerned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Go watch some old svr sets on YouTube then watch some jb sets. You'll be let down by the latter. I had this exact conversation with a buddy a few months ago. We watched/listened to abt 2 hrs of music over bourbon.

It was Dax Prescott vs Tom Brady.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't think he's anywhere close, technically to SRV, but he does the blues pretty well.
        Stevie is forever ingrained in my mind. He played the Crossroads in Nac a few times.
        I consider myself lucky to have seen him there.

Comment

The guy is bad arse on the sixstring.

Comment

Of the living, he’s top 3.

Comment

Love me some Bonamassa! Have fun!

Comment

JB is a technician deluxe. Excellent player. He has some soul, but nothing compared to SRV in that category. That's where SRV blows past JB, in my opinion. That said, I've seen JB here in Abilene as well as at Red Rocks in Colorado. He and his band are very professional, and they put on a great show. You won't be disappointed.

We saw Little River Band a couple weeks ago here. Saw Clay Walker last Saturday night. Going to see Chris Stapleton and Willie Nelson in Arlington later this month. My wife and daughter have tickets to Hall and Oates in Fort Worth soon.
                Last edited by Shane; 08-10-2021, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Joe is one of the very best and he does good vocals. His style differs from SRV and that's why I don't compare the two.

Comment

Looking forward to the show in Sugarland in October.

Comment

He is top notch! Check this out https://youtu.be/cJkxyh8-KVU

Comment

JB has a little different style than SRV. JB is "technical" player- SRV was a "feel" player.
                        Both are great in their own rights. Enjoy the concert !!

Comment

Had a customer at my store who had a rare guitar that he bought new in 1969. He got in a bind and needed some cash.

One of my employees is a young kid that has a band and plays guitar so the customer asked my employee if he could help him sell it. He knew that Ted Nugent comes in every once in a while and it would take “that” kind of person to buy this guitar.

Lenny knew what the guy had and he sent an email to Joe Bonamassa’s website with a description of what he had.

A couple of days later the phone rings at the store, I answer it and the guy on the other end asks if Lenny is there. I told him Lenny was at lunch and could I take a number.

He said “…this is Joe Bonamassa and tell him I’m in Paris and I want that guitar…”. He gave me his number and Lenny called him back.

Joe Fed-Ex’d a special shipping box for the guitar and Lenny helped my customer make the deal.

A couple of months later, we even saw him playing that guitar on a video on his website.

Pretty cool that a 25-year old employee of a feed store in Waco, Texas could reach out and make contact with a guy like JB and help a customer get what the guitar was worth.

…��

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                            JB is a technician deluxe. Excellent player. He has some soul, but nothing compared to SRV in that category. That's where SRV blows past JB, in my opinion. That said, I've seen JB here in Abilene as well as at Red Rocks in Colorado. He and his band are very professional, and they put on a great show. You won't be disappointed.

We saw Little River Band a couple weeks ago here. Saw Clay Walker last Saturday night. Going to see Chris Stapleton and Willie Nelson in Arlington later this month. My wife and daughter have tickets to Hall and Oates in Fort Worth soon.
                            Hall and Oates, like "Maneater" Hall and Oates? I know Daryl Hall was still really big in music circles and producing a lot of music, but I thought John Oates had completely retired! I bet they enjoy that show a ton!

And the last live music I have seen was 2tons before the china flu wiped out an entire industry.

Comment

If put JB and SRV on about the same level. Saw SRV up close in personal back in the day. Have watched/ listened to a bunch of JB on YouTube, PBS, etc. Sure want to catch a show in person at some point soon!

Comment

Working...
                              X