Cremation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cremation

Had to attend a funeral this morning. Cremation was brought up after the funeral. Some were saying you wouldn't go to Heaven if cremated. What is your opinion on this? Me personally am planning to be cremated. Don't want my family to have to spend unnecessary money.

I don't know of any scriptural basis, taken in context, that would support that.

Comment

Never heard that one...so when you die, do you make it to heaven & then cast out once cremated?? Did they quote scripture?? Weird.

Comment

Originally posted by COPPERHEAD View Post
        Had to attend a funeral this morning. Cremation was brought up after the funeral. Some were saying you wouldn't go to Heaven if cremated. What is your opinion on this? Me personally am planning to be cremated. Don't want my family to have to spend unnecessary money.
        Guess the American Indians have been doing it wrong forever . . Like Willie says, "roll me up and smoke me when I'm gone" . .

Comment

There are a few mentions of cremation in the Bible,it’s never mentioned as a positive or negative.There’s all kinds of ways to die and be rendered down back to earth none are exactly pleasant or sought after.But as long as you have a good relationship with Jesus and the Father it doesn’t matter how you go or what’s done to your body your in good hands and can look forward to a resurrection.Really just depends on the money to be spent on the body after death.Cremation is a way more cost effective way of handling remains.

Comment

The decision on whether or not you go to heaven is divided long before the funeral

Comment

Makes no sense to me. Say your body is just a vessel for your soul.. If burial is delayed do you not ascend into Heaven until buried?

I'm not a fan of graveyards. Way better uses for land, imo. Take what they can and burn the rest when I go.

Comment

Your heavenly spirit (soul) moves to the next realm. Your earthly body was/is merely a vehicle for the lessons learned here. When it’s done, ashes to ashes, dust to dust. No matter.

Comment

When burried your body will eventually decompose into "ashes" any way. Fire speeds up the process!

Comment

Hopefully you were not at the one I was at because it would have been a weird topic at or on the way home considering they were cremated.

Cremate and sprinkle me in some of my favorite places and have a good time doing it please.
                    Last edited by myway; 08-07-2021, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by COPPERHEAD View Post
                      What about burial at sea? . . Whatcha gonna do with crabs**t? . .

Comment

Can’t believe I’ve been on this earth half a century and have never heard of anyone saying cremation is wrong until now

Comment

I have requested to be cremated and taken to the back of my place and deposited in the Sabine river . . From there I will begin my farewell tour past my camp on Tbend on to Sabine lake to the gulf . . What a ride . .

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                            The decision on whether or not you go to heaven is divided long before the funeral
                            This is the truth. Cremation is no different than other methods of internment (except that it's cheaper). We all turn back to dust in the end. God puts it all back together however He wants when the time is right.

Comment

Originally posted by c3products20 View Post
                              When burried your body will eventually decompose into "ashes" any way. Fire speeds up the process!
                              Yup. One of our pastors has chosen cremation. He said it’s his preference to be be cremated rather than rot in a box. And he did say that it’s just a matter of how you want to reach the dust stage.
                              My father wanted to be cremated and I didn’t want him to. He told me “son when I was in Pearl Harbor I had friends that were blown to bits. Do you think they didn’t go to Heaven because of that”? He made his point.
                              I think the argument comes with the decision, wether it’s a righteous decision or not. I have heard another pastor, Alester Beck make an argument against it.

Comment

Working...
                              X