Firearm On Plane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firearm On Plane

Will the hard sided pistol case that came with Kimber, locked, pass if checked as baggage? Or do I need to purchase maybe a Pelican case?

Those rules change between airlines. I’d call Twg out of San Antonio to get some specific guidance to current laws/rules. They specialize in traveling the world with firearms.

Comment

It should be sufficient as long as it is locked. I travel with mine extensively, so I bout a $20 locking metal travel case.

Comment

It should pass as long as you can lock it. All my firearms travel in Boyt cases as I’ve watched out the plane window my cases just be thrown around by the luggage guys, quite irritating but nothing you can do about it.

Make sure you’re locking it with an airline approved lock!

Comment

As I understand it, can you pry open a corner and touch the contents when it is locked?

Comment

I’d put any pistol case inside a piece of checked luggage. Not sure if both need a TSA approved lock. Call the airline 800# and get their rules.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I just flew and I bought a metal locking pistol case from Academy for $20. It fits one pistol.

Comment

No on the TSA locks on the case. TSA locks go on the checked bag. Combo or key lock on the case and the keys remain on your person.

Comment

I have the cheap Walmart case that locks with Swiss gear locks/ cheap locks..... I have traveled all over and never have a problem

Comment

Good to know

Comment

And go ahead and go to the airlines website and make a copy of the firearms rules. Have it with you in your pocket because sometimes the people behind the counter don't know the rules.

Comment

The one time Ive flown with a firearm the TSA people made it a bigger deal than it needed to be. You'd think they would be used to it

In jacksonville florida I had to provide the key to open the box but wasnt allowed to go with them to open it. Kinda at their mercy so we just rolled with it

Comment

Always just used the Glock plastic box locked.

Comment

Just carry in your waistband like normal Mike, no one at the airline will care!

Comment

I locked a pistol in the plastic case it came with, and the TSA guys demonstrated that they were able to pry the case at the corner, and it would be relatively easy to break open. Had to buy a case from them.

Comment

Working...
                              X