Hagerman segment A 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Low Lander View Post
    My dad and I drew the Dec. 5 hunt here but we cannot find anyone to do the field portion of the bowhunter education class. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Maybe take care of the prerequisite prior to applying?

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Cooksey View Post
      Big Mineral camp ground, Walnut Creek or Cedar Mills on the west side. Texoma Harbor Village on the east has floating cabins or Tanglewood (Upper class resort) if you want indoors. All 30 min or less.
      East side, Paradise Cove, 15-30 min from HQ.

Comment

Well, at least one pending second draw will find a nice email in their inbox. Young'un decided since he was missing school for Wyoming he didn't want to miss for this hunt. Specially if we go for bear in the spring. Looks like I'm solo this year.

Comment

Me please. [emoji16]

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Comment

Me and wtucker got drawn for seg a. This will be my first time hunting hagerman and wtucker hunted hagerman last year.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Me and my FIL will be there for Seg A.
              We are staying at Flowing Wells again this year.

Comment

Got lucky on second draw, segment A! First time hunting the Hagerman. Going to be putting some miles out there hope to see yall and good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Royalkane View Post
                  Got lucky on second draw, segment A! First time hunting the Hagerman. Going to be putting some miles out there hope to see yall and good luck!
                  Your welcome! Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Cooksey View Post
                    Big Mineral camp ground, Walnut Creek or Cedar Mills on the west side. Texoma Harbor Village on the east has floating cabins or Tanglewood (Upper class resort) if you want indoors. All 30 min or less.
                    Thanks. I'm thinking big mineral. It's closer than Eisenhower but a little more expensive. I've never stayed there. I'm still toying with sleeping in the walmart parking lot and just cooking breakfast at the parking area. I plan to pack lunch in and eat at the chicken place in town if I do that. Cowboy chicken I think it is.

When it's all said and done I'll probably end up where I was last spring and camp at the state park.

Comment

Thinking of staying in a Hotel in Sherman. Google maps says 18 mins away from Meadow Pond Trail head.

Wondering why no one stays in Sherman? Is there something i'm missing or do people just want to camp and save some $$$?

Comment

A motel certainly easier. But I don't plan to cook and do plan to hunt and not be back to camp until way after dark. I use the $ for a room to buy fast food. Camping will be just climbing in the back of the truck to sleep.

I try not to wander around in Sherman too much. To close to Oklahomans.

Comment

For anyone concerned with taking the bowhunter ed class, I spoke to a lady at the refuge and she told me Idaho offers it online and no field day required. It is accepted by any state that would require it.

Comment

I have 4 full RV hookups 25 minutes from Hagerman. Anyone is welcome to use. Water Power and Sewer, fire pit, smoker. Nice camping area. Nice and quiet.

Comment

Originally posted by CAP View Post
                              Thinking of staying in a Hotel in Sherman. Google maps says 18 mins away from Meadow Pond Trail head.

Wondering why no one stays in Sherman? Is there something i'm missing or do people just want to camp and save some $$$?
                              Some people stay in Whitesboro. Depends on the area you hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                                I have 4 full RV hookups 25 minutes from Hagerman. Anyone is welcome to use. Water Power and Sewer, fire pit, smoker. Nice camping area. Nice and quiet.
                                Thanks for the offer. I had already booked the state park last night. But I get my park pass discount so 4 days ended up being about 14 a day for a 17 location on the water. Maybe I'll stay up all night catfishing...

I bet someone on here will take you up on that. Very considerate.

Comment

Working...
                                X