No announcement yet.

Argentina Dove Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We've always gone in June as the weather is great.

H&H Outfitters is one of my favorites.

Comment

I have gone several times with Ramsey Russell's GetDucks.com in both Argentina and Uruguay. It was supposed to be a once in a lifetime deal that turned into every other year. Every lodge has been first class. The first trips were combo, dove, duck, parakeet and perdiz. The last two trips have been ducks only at Rio Salado. We have gone in late May and early July.

Ramsey Russell's GetDucks.com, foremost recognized experts worldwide duck hunting. Real duck hunts for real duck hunters.

Comment

Do it! Just know it will cost more than you expect because you will shoot more than you think is possible!! A great experience and so much fun.

Comment

The only thing I would change about my experience is doing a mixed bag instead of dove only. It’s incredible. Hard to wrap your mind around it without actually seeing it. As mentioned, you’ll pay through the nose for ammo so pad your budget. I stayed at Pica Zuro, 5 star everything. I’d highly recommend it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

One thing to keep in mind is you don’t have to shoot 325 boxes of shells.

Comment

Holy smokes, I had no idea the shell costs were so high. Glad I didn't bid on that hunt at the RMEF Banquet lol like I was about to.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
                One thing to keep in mind is you don’t have to shoot 325 boxes of shells.
                That's exactly right. You also don't have to try to hit every bird that flies by, which will exhaust you, and force yourself to only shoot 1 time at birds (you're not trying to shoot a limit and the multiple shot are less effective than the first one). We had fun trying to see who could catch a dead bird before it hit the ground. For me, a case (20 boxes, not 10) in the morning and another in the evening works well, so 40 boxes a day. But, I also plan on the next trip to spend 1 day seeing how many I can shoot, so that may add up. Just make it fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                  Glad I didn't bid on that hunt at the RMEF Banquet lol like I was about to.
                  Those are kind of a scam. Well, not a scam really, I just don't have a better word. If you book a regular hunt, it comes with a hunting license, airport pickup, bird boys, gun rental, etc. But, if you buy an auction hunt, you still have to pay for those things. So the hunt isn't really much less expensive than just booking it regular. You might be able to save a few hundred dollars, but not as much as you think, especially if you bid too much. You just have to do a little research on the outfitter before the auction to see where the break-off point is. The first auction hunt we bought was a 5-day hunt for 5 people that we got for $900 ($180/person), so we probably saved a little money, but still payed ~$1,000 each for the extras mentioned above, plus shells. The second we bought was on a silent auction and we got it for $25, not even $25/person, just $25 total. The miscellaneous extras were $2,225, but that included a minimum purchase of 100 boxes of shells). You can get a good deal, but like I said, just do a little research first.

Comment

When we went to Posta Del Norte the hunt came with 3000 shells each. That was all I needed to shoot.

Comment

Originally posted by Deerguy View Post
                      Those are kind of a scam. Well, not a scam really, I just don't have a better word. If you book a regular hunt, it comes with a hunting license, airport pickup, bird boys, gun rental, etc. But, if you buy an auction hunt, you still have to pay for those things. So the hunt isn't really much less expensive than just booking it regular. You might be able to save a few hundred dollars, but not as much as you think, especially if you bid too much. You just have to do a little research on the outfitter before the auction to see where the break-off point is. The first auction hunt we bought was a 5-day hunt for 5 people that we got for $900 ($180/person), so we probably saved a little money, but still payed ~$1,000 each for the extras mentioned above, plus shells. The second we bought was on a silent auction and we got it for $25, not even $25/person, just $25 total. The miscellaneous extras were $2,225, but that included a minimum purchase of 100 boxes of shells). You can get a good deal, but like I said, just do a little research first.

We bought one at a DU Banquet a couple years ago. I think we paid $1250 for a group of 4. Everything was included except air fair and shells. Most people that buy these kind of hunts aren't necessarily looking for a deal but looking to be able and write it off.

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                        When we went to Posta Del Norte the hunt came with 3000 shells each. That was all I needed to shoot.

I also hunted with Posta Del Norte.

Comment

Working...
                        X