Hunter Harassment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
    Not moving due to the neighbor being a jerk. Duck hunting is secondary to the deer hunting.

I've been leasing from the same family since 1999. They're great people and friends. My grandson has been hunting there since he was three years old. It's mainly a deer lease with some good hunting and nice bucks.
    Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
    Frogman, you and I both know what you ought do to stop his BS...
    This is my lease as well and I’m now “involved”. Cans are bein opened as we speak!!

Next Saturday morning at the break of dawn im havin the first annule target shoot at my pond. First yahoo to shoot 500 rnds wins. Heck, all who show gets a personalized autograph’d pic of TLJ!!

Comment

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post
      I'm not an attorney but I believe the neighbor intentionally locating his feeder on the property line to make your duck hunting effectively illegal on your side due to it creating a baiting situation is commiting some kind of tort in which you can sue for damages because it limits your ability to use your land for a lawful purpose. Given the neighbor's previous actions, this should be justification for damages.
      Thus diminishing your lease value, civil law suit! go for diminished capacity + Attorney fees because of prior malice,already proven! I'm a former court reporter and a resident know it all! you will win. add punitive damages on the end for 5x your lease up to the TX max usually $5.000. All joking aside I have seen several of these go bye you will win with a 2nd year law student.

Not only did he disrupt your legal right to hunt he did it with intent and malice! These are BIG WORDS in any law. Generally a judge will rule that he is guilty (in a civil case) of the diminished part, and fine him a couple hundred bucks.,waiting for him to smile.as your all puckered up and disappointed,he will nail him on the punitive side to the max or what you asked for + tack on cost! Then the good part is the scolding followed by I had better never see you in my court again!!!
      I recommend getting an attorney but if you can talk you can do it yourself. Who's who is the name of the game if Your Attorney hunts with the judge how do you think it's gonna go for him?.

Comment

Originally posted by kwarw View Post
        Thus diminishing your lease value, civil law suit! go for diminished capacity + Attorney fees because of prior malice,already proven! I'm a former court reporter and a resident know it all! you will win. add punitive damages on the end for 5x your lease up to the TX max usually $5.000. All joking aside I have seen several of these go bye you will win with a 2nd year law student.

Not only did he disrupt your legal right to hunt he did it with intent and malice! These are BIG WORDS in any law. Generally a judge will rule that he is guilty (in a civil case) of the diminished part, and fine him a couple hundred bucks.,waiting for him to smile.as your all puckered up and disappointed,he will nail him on the punitive side to the max or what you asked for + tack on cost! Then the good part is the scolding followed by I had better never see you in my court again!!!
        I recommend getting an attorney but if you can talk you can do it yourself. Who's who is the name of the game if Your Attorney hunts with the judge how do you think it's gonna go for him?.
        He’s costin me big deer too

Comment

Originally posted by kwarw View Post

You were doing good until your very last sentence and that is one reason I hate scum lawyers and since judges are lawyers, them too. I know what you said is true but it is so wrong.

Comment

Putting the feeder in a position that makes your hunting lease of less the value! and it was done with malice to inflict harm (get you fined). Now this situation probably needs to be handled by the land owner cause YOUR agreement is through him.He sold you YOUR rights for a period of time.If your rights are not protected by him that's a breach of contract on the lease agreement. I know that's not what you want to hear but that's they way it is.your only recourse if the landowner doesn't step up is to ask for your money back and move on if he doesn't step up.If it was me either he would step up or I would move on. He sold you something that has less value than what you payed for!
            you don't have legal standing to sue the yankee.
            I'm not an attorney but have you ever seen Uncle Vinny!!! this is a no brainer!

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
              You were doing good until your very last sentence and that is one reason I hate scum lawyers and since judges are lawyers, them too. I know what you said is true but it is so wrong.
              preach it bro, preach it!

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                I agree 100000% but that's how it rolls. and your right it sucks. I generally knew how it;s gonna play out before one word is said cause of the body language. A little nod a wink,smerk,etc. I'm sorry to tell you what you already know.It's the good OLE Boy network! My attorney is a former Democrat State congressman and I'm a huge republican supporter.You gotta play the game.I haven't had need of him in years and other than doing some land transfers I hope to never need him.I sleep well knowing I KNOW people even though they are trash.

Comment

Originally posted by hpdrifter View Post
                  preach it bro, preach it!
                  Thanks,I'm coming back in off the ledge now!

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
                    This is my lease as well and I’m now “involved”. Cans are bein opened as we speak!!

Next Saturday morning at the break of dawn im havin the first annule target shoot at my pond. First yahoo to shoot 500 rnds wins. Heck, all who show gets a personalized autograph’d pic of TLJ!!
                    Problem soon to be solved!

Comment

What I said in my first rant was true if he was the land owner. But his rights are provided in and limited to the lease agreement.I spoke to soon.My momma told me to stay in school.

Law 101 digest the whole situation before speaking!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                        Problem soon to be solved!
                        Details man. We need details!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post

I’d like to be a part of this.

Anyone got 500 rounds I can have?

Comment

Do you have any local law enforcement that might join yall and do a little practicing?

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                              Do you have any local law enforcement that might join yall and do a little practicing?
                              Yes. Three. One fed, one state and one local. They are all aware of the situation and love to duck hunt. This will not turn out well for the "friendly neighbor".

Comment

I'm thinking with the history that the deliberate placement of the feeder could be considered more harassment...I'll be seeing my Fed GW buddy this week & relay the story just to get his take.

What county are you in??

Comment

Working...
                                X