9/1 Deadline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Palehorse View Post
    I drew Balcones Canyonlands NWR archery deer. Gonna be a fun October!
    That's a hard one hunting those cedars!

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
      That's a hard one hunting those cedars!

Not many deer out there, but they can be had. Wife drew it once, she took a standing shot at a nice 10 because the grass was too tall to see vitals otherwise. She killed a cactus. That was the only deer she say. Kid drew it once also and I couldn't go so she went with him, they took the popup and hunted a different area, really nice buck strolled in and kiddo was sleeping on the floor. By the time she woke him up and got him situated all they was was deer butt. I believe that was also the only deer they saw that trip too.

Comment

I hunted balcones with a rifle this past year. Won't ever put in again. Saw one spike(passed through without a shot opportunity) over the full 3 days and i stayed in the stand all day every day.

I got an assigned blind but you can't bait...

Comment

Originally posted by ABWGTX View Post
          Best of luck to you & son.
          Met you at Kickapoo
          Thank you. Hope you have been well.

Originally posted by Phorizt View Post
          which date for LRGV? I drew 11/11-11/14
          I will be there the same dates.....did you draw Schaleben or Teniente? I found a thread or two on Teniente but have not found anything on Schaleben.

Originally posted by caalexander4 View Post
          Ill be down there 11/18-21 . Good luck to you!
          I will be there the weekend before and will give you a report for whatever that will be worth

Comment

Originally posted by Rounder View Post
            Thank you. Hope you have been well.

I will be there the same dates.....did you draw Schaleben or Teniente? I found a thread or two on Teniente but have not found anything on Schaleben.

I will be there the weekend before and will give you a report for whatever that will be worth

Schaleben. I hunted Teniente 2 years ago. Schaleben has never been hunted(at least no time recently as a draw hunt) so we’ll be there the first week it gets hunted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Schaleben. I hunted Teniente 2 years ago. Schaleben has never been hunted(at least no time recently as a draw hunt) so we’ll be there the first week it gets hunted.

TYHP.org is having youth hunts down there in November with gun. Hopefully not the weekends leading up to yall.

Comment

Originally posted by menglert View Post
                Congrats. That's a great one. Better buy some extra coolers if both are hunting!

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk
                man with my luck i would jinx them taking a bunch of coolers

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
                  TYHP.org is having youth hunts down there in November with gun. Hopefully not the weekends leading up to yall.

the tyhp hunts say they are hunting a Laguna Atascosa unit and one of those hunts is on the same weekend as the 2nd Shaleben hunt so don't think it is the same area.

Comment

the tyhp hunts say they are hunting a Laguna Atascosa unit and one of those hunts is on the same weekend as the 2nd Shaleben hunt so don't think it is the same area.
                    Good news for yall! I just noticed they were hunting an area that has never been hunted.

Comment

I think they moved some people over there last year when they canceled out the East Lake draw.

Comment

My daughter drew Colorado Bend, Dec hunt. Our first time selection for these draw hunts but have applied for few years. Excited!

Comment

No bow draws this year. Still waiting on the gun hunts.
                          Looks like I’ll be spending all my time at the lease this year.

Comment

Us too. We shall see you there.

Comment

My son drew Inks lake/Longhorn cavern for 1/4 through 1/6. That's on the youth GDE hunt.

Never been there before. I know it's the hill country so I'm hoping there's lots of targets. Any input would be appreciated.

Comment

Looks like I’ll be popping some squirrels at Trinity River!

Comment

Working...
                                X