Fall Pre Emergent time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fall Pre Emergent time.

Need to get it down before the soil temperature get down around 70 degrees. I got mine down a little late last year and had more Poa annua (annual bluegrass) than the year before. I plan on putting mine down this week. You only get one chance to get it right. Don`t be late.

Shop Lesco Crabgrass Preventer 50-lb 14800-sq ft 0-0-7 Fertilizer in the Lawn Fertilizer department at Lowe's.com. LESCO Stonewall 0.68% Plus Fertilizer 0-0-7 is a pre-emergent plus fertilizer that enhances crabgrass control and feeds grass after winter. Apply at the

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

(In case you haven’t noticed, the key words that I’m using to highlight the message this year are “one chance.” I hope it helps!) There is no product you can ...

ty. And done................
    Last edited by Johnny Dangerr; 08-21-2021, 08:36 AM.

Comment

The lesco, is it only good for crabgrass, or will it treat other weeds?

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
        The lesco, is it only good for crabgrass, or will it treat other weeds?
        It is good for other weeds other than crabgrass. The active ingredient is "Prodiamine" also known as "Barricade". Just be sure to read the label regarding the lbs. per 1000 sq. ft. You can only put down so much of this product per year. If you apply it in the fall and the spring you have to make split applications and not exceeding the yearly amounts.

Comment

What's a good one for St Augustine? I established it from plugs and sprigs last year. While its choked out most of the weeds, there are still a few problem areas towards the perimeters. I don't want to throw something down that kills the St Augy

Comment

I use a pre emergent from Ewing supply 0-0-7 with prodiamine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Got my Barricade this week but I thought this was too early. Randy Lemon says October.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                Got my Barricade this week but I thought this was too early. Randy Lemon says October.
                Different parts of the state apply at different times. Just apply prior to soil temp gets below 70 degrees. I’m probably gonna wait a couple more weeks since it’s gonna be hot here.
                Last edited by tpack; 08-21-2021, 12:24 PM.

Comment

According to Neil Sperry in north and central Texas........
                  For winter weeds (the ones you can see in your lawn in February and March), apply one of the grassy pre-emergents as well as Gallery the last week of August or the first week of September. (Gallery is not commonly needed in the spring applications, since broadleafed weeds are less of a hot-weather issue than they are in the winter and early spring.)
                  Products to use for grassy weeds: Halts (available from national chains); Dimension or Balan (available at local independent retail garden centers, hardware stores, feed stores).

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Would putting down pre-emergent now prevent my winter rye grass from coming up this winter?

Comment

Following

Comment

I feed micro llfe any dang time I want to. Sept 1st going to dose the lawn.................

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                          I feed micro llfe any dang time I want to. Sept 1st going to dose the lawn.................
                          I’d love to pick your brain on that. It’s the best but I can’t keep the dogs out of it

Comment

What is best for poa annua? Prodiamine, barricade, balan?

Comment

I used Anderson’s 2.5% Balan. Last year. It helped but looking for my best option

Comment

Working...
                              X