No announcement yet.

Rear ended while stopped....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same thing happen to me 6 months ago while sitting at a red light. Ran into the back of my 2003 /2500 Dodge. My receiving hitch saved me. My bumper, tail gate and receiving hitched had to be replace and they were not hurt very much. The impact did knock my cap off my head and into the back seat. I`m almost certain she was on her cell phone. I seen her coming and she was going at least 30 mph.

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
      Hmmmmmm......wife gets 'rear ended' by a fellow worker......happens more than one would think.....
      Ouch! That hurt!

Comment

Originally posted by hpdrifter View Post
        Do you have headlights attached to your bumper now?
        Looks like hers .....disappeared.
        Bahahaha. I just noticed that. I’ll check and see if her headlights are stuck to my bumper. Lol

Comment

So there is a back story to this post. I was actually heading to work and had decided to ride my motorcycle the day before. The weather was suppose to be partly cloudy with little chance of rain. However, just after leaving my driveway I noticed some dark clouds off to the East in the direction I was headed. Rather than taking a chance and get soaked I elected to turn around and drive my Bronco since I hadn’t driven it for about a week(2017 Tacoma is my daily driver). The accident occurred 3 blocks from my house minutes after turning around and dropping off the motorcycle. Had she hit me while drive the Taco, it would’ve caused some serious damage. Had she hit me riding my bike, I’d probably be dead. Divine Intervention no doubt.........

Comment

This is exactly why I sold my motorcycle after riding all my life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Had this happen a year or so ago on my 2017 F150. Didn't do any damage to it either so I guess that aren't being made too badly - she was going in the 35-40 mph range.

Comment

Originally posted by joel45acp View Post
                So there is a back story to this post. I was actually heading to work and had decided to ride my motorcycle the day before. The weather was suppose to be partly cloudy with little chance of rain. However, just after leaving my driveway I noticed some dark clouds off to the East in the direction I was headed. Rather than taking a chance and get soaked I elected to turn around and drive my Bronco since I hadn’t driven it for about a week(2017 Tacoma is my daily driver). The accident occurred 3 blocks from my house minutes after turning around and dropping off the motorcycle. Had she hit me while drive the Taco, it would’ve caused some serious damage. Had she hit me riding my bike, I’d probably be dead. Divine Intervention no doubt.........
                Not really. You were minutes ahead of her when you turned around. If you didn't turn around, you'd still be minutes ahead of her.
                Personally, I should be dead multiple times the way I used to ride my bike(totalled three bikes). I have said for a long time, that the way I'll go is to be sitting at a light and have a drunk run me over.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot4900 View Post
                  This is exactly why I sold my motorcycle after riding all my life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                  Same here, I'd stop at a light, look around & everybody would be on their phone.

Comment

Well if you guys would just split between the cars at the light you'd have shields and wouldn't have to worry about getting rear-ended.

Comment

I just got hit this morning at a stop light. I was in my 06 Focus and the guy behind me was in a 90's Chevy pickup with a brush guard. Swears he sneezed and foot slipped off the brake and rolled into me. But he hit me pretty hard LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                        Well if you guys would just split between the cars at the light you'd have shields and wouldn't have to worry about getting rear-ended.
                        Don't think I didn't do that, many times, sometimes while in 5th gear. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                          Don't think I didn't do that, many times, sometimes while in 5th gear. Stupid, stupid, stupid.
                          That's different that's just nuts, please tell me you were at least doing a wheelie when you did that. I think that's required.

I feel ya though, got in over my head more times than I can count. It kind of blows my mind that I never got hurt between riding like I'm on a track to the people who just intentionally tried to kill me daily. I finally sold my last bike when my oldest son bought one and wrecked it, fused spine torn scapula, all sorts of issues. I rode for a few months but every time I went somewhere with he younger two boys they were looking at bikes and talking about how awesome this one or that one was. I couldn't stand it so no more riding for me and those two seemed to have let the bike bug go away.

Comment

Originally posted by Beleg View Post
                            I was rear ended like that several years ago. I wasn’t hurt and didn’t see any damage to my truck. Insurance adjuster looked at my truck and found damage I never would have known to look for. They see this every day and know where to look. You may have hidden damage.
                            Very true, a couple years back my former Boss had the exact same situation happen. He got rear-ended and his truck looked to have Zero damage but because it was such a hard hit, he got it checked out anyway and apparently his frame had shifted a bit & the insurance wrote him a nice little check

Comment

A few years ago I was in Miami for work. Decided to go to the beach on my day off. Was sitting at a red light in my 2001 Mitsubishi Mirage when a BMW rear ends me. It bent my back bumper up pretty good but otherwise I was ok. I checked on the dim whit that hit me and she was panicking. The BMW was her mom’s car that she was driving while her car was in the shop, being repaired because she had rear ended someone else a week before.

Found a local guy that would get my car decent enough to be ok for $400. So the girl’s mom gave me $500 for not reporting it to the insurance company.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                                Id bet the farm she was looking at her phone.
                                This

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X